News Apps

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am looking for a news app for WP8, since the loss of the BBC app there not much arround that I can find, and most of them such as the ITN one hasn't been updated in some time, does anyone know of any good ones that are availble?

Cheers
Martin

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Try Sky News (though no live tile) or The Guardian. Nokia Reading also has a news stream with live tiles, but the only news sources I can find that actually load the article in the app (rather than going to the browser) are The Guardian and Metro.co.uk.

I actually use WebApps and just pin BBC News and The Guardian Mobile site to my Start screen.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It is a shame that the cnn app doesn't have more uk news, I love the live tile in this app

Fully agree.... There is also Blomberg for finance. I use the browser for most other news. And 20minuten and Blick for Swiss Local news. Swissquote is cool to keep an eye on all Stockmarkets.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree the BBC app was a great feed with the regional and topic customizations.
Al Jazeerha is the best feed behind BBC for my money. Or to put it better complimented BBC well.
Bloomberg has a considerable amount of news and customizations. Best looking news app in my book once you look past the defualt Finance set up.
Fuse and Newsers are good aggregators.
Weave is OK likely the best bet for UK Customizations. I may try to import the various BBC RSS feeds into Fuse.

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Russia today has three apps a news app a live stream app and an app with both the first two are kept because they perform better on windows phone 7.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I think I'm just going to leave it for have tried them all some have good features some don't, I am after something with a good live tile and up to date uk news

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium