Using Groups with non-Windows phones

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I am working on a Group (Under Rooms) for my business people. Two of them have Google phones and they have downloaded Outlook.com app and they can share calendars. However, I am trying to see if they can receive a message (under Chat). It seems that only my Windows Phone users are getting the chat message and not the two Google users. Does anyone know if there is an option for the Google users to get the chat messages?

I searched and found this from MS: "People who use Windows Phone 7 or iPhone can join your room and set up the shared calendar on their phones (other features work best on Windows Phone 8, and group chat is only available on Windows Phone 8)."

So unless anyone has a work-around, it looks like the chat won't work with non-WP8 devices.

Last edited:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's very much the case. Outside of WP8, the Groups feature really only works for calendar sharing. If you've got a MSN Messenger app on the Android phones that supports group chat then you might find you can get the chat features to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon