What is your favorite speech recognition assistant?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This is a simple question. Windows Phone has come to near parity speech assistance with other operating systems. We also have a wide choice of solutions and providers with different and similar features. So what is your favorite personal assistance that is voice and speech enabled and why.

I know it has been asked a few times for the moderators to do a review and recommendation on all the choices, but that may ruffle feathers with the app developers?

In the meantime, will a champion come forth in this forum? Are the best things in life really free? Or do you get what you pay for?

Here are the contenders (and a couple wanna be's): (no order)

Maluuba
Alex
Indigo
Ask Ziggy
Tell Me (built in)
Bingo Voice

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used and liked ask ziggy and indigo but I prefer tell me because my only real use is voice texting with my cars speakerphone and it just works without me having to open other apps first.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have used the standard Tell Me which comes with the phone. It calls people on my behalf, does texting, email reply, searching and open apps. What more could I ask for?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have tried them all and I like Indigo alot because it continues a conversation, but you always have to hit the mic button to respond. Tell Me is the original, and its integration with the start button for texts is unmatched and hands free. But Alex also has start button integration and does much more than Tell Me, but doesn't continue a conversation topic and doesnt do texts.

I wish these three came together as the super persoan voice assistant App.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Having a very low voice, some phones don't pick up much of what I say; have been very pleased with Windows voice recognition on the Lumia 822... much better than the experience with an HTC Android. However, in trying Maluuba and now Indigo, neither of them would pick up much of anything, either directly to the phone or through any of my Bluetooth headsets. :cry: So far, the only voice assistant I've found that seems to work is Voice Butler (installed yesterday); so far, it gets >90% via the phone or through my Plantronics Voyager. Doesn't work very well through the LG HBS 730 headset, but I've been told that it clips my voice pretty badly anyhow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon