DC Comics app no longer published in WP Store

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I contacted comixology about the removal of this app and explained to them that it felt like poor treatment of their customers and that I would no longer be purchasing comics through the app. they responded by saying it is not poor treatment of their customers and I'd still be able to read my comics on the web. Their customer service was very defensive. To be fair I was less than polite, but I wasn't outrageous. However, I do not feel that arguing with customers is the right way to provide service to them. They made no mention of working on any new windows phone apps now or in the future. Instead they essentially told me deal with it.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
DC Comics | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The DC Comics app looks to be pulled from the Windows Phone Store. I've tried searching for a statement from DC or Warner Bros, but haven't found anything. I don't recall there being any issues with this app, so I'm not sure why it would have been pulled. Any ideas or leads?

there was an article on the wpcentral app, plus I, and most users of the app got an email from them. Either way they didn't say why it was pulled. Probably lack of downloads. I'm mad couse after may 1 the app will stop letting you read. I don't have an iPad etc. So using my phone was great. Not to mention it goes with me everywhere. Not my PC which I'll have to use to access my downloads. I wouldn't mind it ending the ability to buy/download, but cutting off the ability to read sucks.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So the app on the Windows Store is still there and was just updated, but they refuse to keep the WP app on that store? I'm confused as to why? I thought that the move to WP8 core made it easier to develop for both?

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there a consumer defense system in USA? Is outrageous that they won?t allow you to continue reading what you bought!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte