12-29-2017 03:19 PM
85 1234
tools
    Hello,

Yes the ports are set on firewall, i don't use a router, and I've checked the antivirus too, everything seems fine.
    And Viber is installed on with administrator user (right-click on setup then select "run as administrator").
    Same problem.
    Thank you for the details.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!
    12-22-2013 11:41 AM
    Yes that's great that you representive Viber here, I'm from Croatia and using T-mobile , have Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone , if I reinstal viber i will lose all messages , and I neeed it .. so what to do ... desktop viber sending codes but my phone reciving message ''an error ocured ..please try again '' etc etc etc ...
    Hi there,
    I'm an official Viber representative here in the forum. I'm here to help :)

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.
    12-26-2013 05:23 PM
    Yes that's great that you representive Viber here, I'm from Croatia and using T-mobile , have Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone , if I reinstal viber i will lose all messages , and I neeed it .. so what to do ... desktop viber sending codes but my phone reciving message ''an error ocured ..please try again '' etc etc etc ...
    Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I understand what is the problem exactly..
    You mean that you're trying to register to Viber Desktop and you fail?

Please describe the scenario step-by-step so we could assist.
    12-27-2013 02:48 AM
    Have a Nokia 928 and my contacts tell me I'm showing offline when I'm not currently using the app...that never happened when I had an Android phone.
    01-05-2014 01:32 AM
    hey there i am using Nokia Lumia 620 in Pakistan and i am facing the same problem from couple of day. the messaging and every thing else is working fine but when i make call to someone it starts ringing and immediately call failed is written as soon as the other person attends the call. can anyone please help me in this regard.
    saudm likes this.
    01-26-2014 12:44 PM
    hi i'm from pakistan, Lahore and i have an iphone 4s and latest version of viber installed. I can receive incomming calls but when i make calls it automatically says call failed after 2 rings. i have checked my firewall settings and ports are enabled. i have also reinstalled the app again but the problem is still there. please let me know the solution. Thanks
    01-26-2014 03:34 PM
    iam having the same issue as shaz
    01-26-2014 03:44 PM
    iam from Pakistan, Lahore and i'm using viber on iphone 4s. i can receive calls fine and messaging also works but when i make calls, it says call failed after 2 rings. i have checked my firewall settings and all ports are enabled and i have also tried reinstalling the app but the problem is still there. please let me know the solution thanks.
    01-26-2014 03:47 PM
    dear i have the same problem with viber desktop although the same network works fine with viber on my mobile and also through blustacks
    on the same labtop
    02-23-2014 12:07 PM
    Hi, I live in UK and using Nokia Lumia 520, WP8 and using Viber v4.0.1. My problem is that if my viber screen is not open, then I can't receive any calls. My status goes 'offline' to other users as soon as I close my viber screen and open Home page. I do receive notifications of missed calls or any message. The same problem was earlier discussed on this thread by @wpanchal and @Raluca Rosa but I havn't found any solution. Any expert opinion??
    02-24-2014 06:13 AM
    I have tried everything but still doesn't wok. firewalls are down in both router (which is really bad -__-") tried inputting the ports . still doesn't work.
    I have an iphone 4s , i live in canada and Im with MTS. please fix this.
    When I was in my old house everything was perfect with firewalls up in my router.
    02-24-2014 10:37 PM
    I am using viber on iPhone 4 and 5 and now its working well here in UAE, but I am not able to use it on my Nokia lumia.

can you help me with that?
    03-13-2014 01:46 PM
    I am facing same issue which is.. when i use viber though wifi it works fine but as soon i switch to mobile data it get ofline .. can any one tel me how to fix the prob i m using lumia 1020 and its really disturbing with this issue.. please help me out..
    03-30-2014 12:20 PM
    why even if i have internet connection viber is not connecting?i reinstaled it and still not connecting.it showes me that is trying to connect.i have a samsung galaxy S. please help :(
    04-01-2014 01:43 PM
    My viber got disconnect too and I follow your instructions to delete and download again but now my phone number won't work what do I do now?
    04-01-2014 04:52 PM
    My GF told me her messages are failing and could not send anything. She sees the messages but can not reply? She thinks it is because of the internet? Is it really from internet? and also her Viber is not upgraded.

I also tried whats-app again i see she is receiving it but no reply, what is the solution? installing viber again? or changing the Wifi connection.?
    04-29-2014 12:48 PM
    The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
    You may try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.
    If it is authorities in the UAE block Viber issue, why it is working fine in my android? and not working or no service in my windows 8.1 mobile?
    05-27-2014 06:11 AM
    I just downloaded Viber ,and when i put my number i click continue ,but then i get a note " An internet connection is required to set up Viber.chek your connection and try again." but i have an good internet connection !!
    07-30-2014 01:45 PM
    I am having the exact problem with my windows tablet in wifi. I am in Saudi Arabia using STC wifi network. Please assist me with this. Everything else works perfectly but i lose viber connection. It jus connects for a while then stops
    09-19-2014 11:47 PM
    I have a big problem with my Viber. Viber tell that I am ofline always , when my Windows phone 8.0 on my HTC is in stand by. I try all settings and problem is still here.
    09-25-2014 03:14 PM
    Hi i have viber on my Samsung Galaxy S3 plus I installed a desktop version all happy days UNTIL I got myself a tablet and installed VIBER on it NOW my phone is not getting any messages.

Am I only allowed it on two devices or what like?
    12-16-2014 04:58 PM
    How come when I download viber on my iphone 4 and I put my phone number it's tells me that viber is currently unavailable or I might not have internet when I do?
    12-29-2014 11:02 PM
    Hello, I have problem with Viber , allways lost connection .
    i have iphon 5s . but this problem hapend recntly .
    01-14-2015 05:46 PM
    Hello, I have problem with Viber , allways lost connection .
    i have iphon 5s . but this problem hapend recntly .
    This is forum for windows phone, doubt we can help you. Please check out Imore site and forum for help with iPhone.
    01-14-2015 06:02 PM
    Hi Team,

I just download & install viber in my laptop (using windows 7 32bit) contacts are sync with mobile device but msgs are not sent from pc (no internet connection) error is showing. i am in Sudan and using Canar network.

also in mobile phone old version is working fine but if i update it from market its not working, again i install and download old version.

Qasim.
    01-22-2015 02:31 AM
85 1234