05-20-2013 02:54 AM
178 ... 45678
tools
    ^^IMO, the home screen with live tiles is the WP experience. Not whether some app looks "Metro" or not.
    its all part of it. I would guess that's why the vast majority of iOS apps, or the good ones at least, look like the belong on an iPhone. Now, when I use one of my most used ( and previously one if the nicest looking apps ) I get stabbed in the eyes with android. The functionality wont improve much, and what has been fixed in the redesign could have been fixed in the previous app. Better use of space and larger thumbnails and its perfect.
    Something like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IkQZ8IpFa-...oncept%202.png
    But smarter.
    05-02-2013 12:09 PM
    I really like this new FB App, but they MUST improve the push notifications :/
    05-02-2013 02:55 PM
    Same issue with my Lumia 920 and beta fb app. New app looks great, but i've just uninstalled it because of killing battery.
    Did you guys still have the old version installed as well? I also had a drop in battery performance after installing the beta; however I now removed to original app, leaving the beta to see how it goes.
    05-03-2013 07:04 AM
    Great app Gonna see how well it works
    05-03-2013 07:49 AM
    Still haven't received one toast yet and I've never had an issue before with any toasts :/
    05-03-2013 08:31 AM
    I really like this new FB App, but they MUST improve the push notifications :/
    Thousand times this^
    I wrote them a letter aswell, i hope they gonna read it and fix their ****.
    05-03-2013 08:36 AM
    It follows you with a chat bar, presumably you are thinking of something else. If you are chatting on fb through any medium, you see their face, hard to see why that would bother anyone. Also, you can move the bar wherever on screen so its never in your way. Besides, you swipe the bar off screen whenever you're done.
    Yes I know what they are mate, and what I'm on about is them silly round circles with profile pictures that pop up, and in my case some friends have strange pics. And as far as I'm aware, they follow you through your phone until you answer or swipe them away.

Therefore, I'll stick with toast notifications to message people back, instead of seeing strange profile pics.

It's quite simple: the message toasts > I press it > read it > message back > press back button > carry on with what I'm doing.... Instead of several chat heads popping up all over my screen.

It wouldn't surprise me if Facebook start attaching adverts with those silly gimmicks -- so yes they do bother me. If I wanted to see friends faces and body parts all the time, then I would move in with them, and share their bed -- if you feel that you need to see your friends faces several times a day, then go for it.

At least toast notifications don't interrupt my screen, and I don't have to swipe them away either
    Last edited by Dazzi; 05-03-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    05-03-2013 09:15 AM
    Notifications seem to be working better for me now :)
    05-03-2013 06:33 PM
    Facebook 5.0.1.1 is available! The very first beta update!

As usual, no changelogs! but here is what i noticed:

- app feels faster now
    - comments are now shown from oldest (top) to newest (bottom) and it takes you right to the newest comment at the bottom of the post
    - now supports accent characters
    - edit: reinstalling the app fixed the live tile!

so has anyone noticed anything else fixed (or broken) with this new update?
    Last edited by nessinhaw; 05-04-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    05-04-2013 06:56 AM
    Is Facebook Beta Is Available in Windows 7 Devices?
    05-04-2013 07:00 AM
    Is Facebook Beta Is Available in Windows 7 Devices?
    nothing about WP7 support in this update :/
    05-04-2013 07:04 AM
    App works much faster after update.
    Didn't noticed anything else.
    05-04-2013 07:23 AM
    how do you get the update
    05-04-2013 07:46 AM
    how do you get the update
    Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    05-04-2013 07:50 AM
    pictures with long descriptions.

howdo we get to read the whole decription? only get a few lines and it ends with.....
    05-04-2013 07:56 AM
    AWWWW YEAH, I CAN CLICK LINKS IN CHAT NOW!
    Round of applause to the devs for getting fixes out so fast.
    05-04-2013 08:59 PM
    AWWWW YEAH, I CAN CLICK LINKS IN CHAT NOW!
    Round of applause to the devs for getting fixes out so fast.
    I can receive a pic link by intergrated fb chat, but not by chat of fb beta app (when someone send a pic for me through chat) ...
    05-05-2013 12:16 AM
    I realised if you clicked on a toast notification to reply to a comment, once you're inside the app, you can't go back to the news feed or anything, since you're in the comments page and there isn't the blue menu bar for you to go back. (if you press the back button, you would be brought back to the screen which you were on prior to pressing the toast notification)

The only way to get back to the news feeds is to exit the app, and enter the app again. (Or click on someone's name who commented as well which would bring you to his profile and you can access the news feed there).

Thus, I send a feedback to the developer to enable the blue menu bar in the comments section.
    05-05-2013 12:18 AM
    It looks like the touch mobile version with metro, but it's not fully functional as the touch version.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    05-05-2013 01:39 AM
    Live tile for fb stopped working for me
    05-05-2013 01:40 AM
    Live tile for fb stopped working for me
    same thing happened to me, only reinstalling fixed it
    James8561 likes this.
    05-05-2013 09:18 AM
    Does anyone know how to manage pages in Facebook Beta? I have my personal page and and another page I'm administrating. I want to post as myself when I write on my wall and on my other page I want to post as that. I can do this on facebook.com
    05-05-2013 12:53 PM
    Well mine app just crashed. Totally. It won't launch anymore.

When it does launch, it prompts me to send error report. When I hit "ok" and the screen comes up to chose your email, it just crashes again. Rebooted phone. Still crashed. Had to uninstall and re install app and I can interact with notifications pertaining to Facebook pages now.

App seems a bit more responsive since I've reinstaleld
    05-05-2013 12:55 PM
    Well mine app just crashed. Totally. It won't launch anymore.

When it does launch, it prompts me to send error report. When I hit "ok" and the screen comes up to chose your email, it just crashes again. Rebooted phone. Still crashed. Had to uninstall and re install app and I can interact with notifications pertaining to Facebook pages now.

App seems a bit more responsive since I've reinstaleld
    Same thing happened with me the other day. Re-install fixed it.
    05-06-2013 01:25 AM
    I faced the battery issue when I started using the new facebook app and set the facebook as wallpaper to my lock screen. The battery started draining like anything. I have informed the same to MS.
    05-06-2013 02:13 AM
178 ... 45678