05-20-2013 02:54 AM
178 ... 5678
tools
    Toasts work for me now, runs smooth as ever.
    05-06-2013 08:07 AM
    Toasts work for me now, runs smooth as ever.
    How about your fb tile ?

EDIT: my tile is working NOW :) :) :) ... a big tile is very nice, a number in my colorful banner tile and flip side has the message "x has responded / commented your y" ... (a nice big live tile) ... well, just like in "Me" tile ... :P

... also first time a number on my lock screen ... :) :) :)
    Last edited by Jaripi; 05-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    05-06-2013 09:03 AM
    Anyone know how to change chat status as offline? Couldn't find it in settings.
    05-06-2013 09:11 AM
    I wish the tile was the color of your theme with the white "f" from facebook.

I don't like having all my tiles being one color and then all of the sudden a blue tile.
    05-06-2013 09:45 AM

I don't like having all my tiles being one color and then all of the sudden a blue tile.
    I like it! :)

the text on the wide tile needs to be scaled down to size. maybe like WPCentral live tile. so I can see more than one notifications.

At present, i could barely see one full notification because the text is so damn big!
    05-06-2013 10:00 AM

JDB Facebook does this, you can even set the facebook menus to your accent color!
    05-06-2013 10:05 AM
    I had toast work again just for a bit and nothing. Man toast MUST work or this is going to suck. Now when I try to reshare, I get the pop up the check the privacy of the post? WHAT? I can go to the touch site and reshare the same post but the app will not share it due to privacy issues? Sounds like this app is running third party APIs and this will suck if we get kick backs that a simple mobile site can do easily.
    05-06-2013 10:47 AM
    Can anyone advise. I feel I've exhausted all ideas, install, uninstalls, reinstalls, new phones, removal of ms from fb apps and re-add...
    I get toasts and tile count for it appears all notifications but the one I want, MESSAGES!! new messages exist but regardless of time i never see a toast or tile count update!! Same on my old Radar 7.5/8

Ideas? Pint?
    05-07-2013 02:05 PM
    Can anyone advise. I feel I've exhausted all ideas, install, uninstalls, reinstalls, new phones, removal of ms from fb apps and re-add...
    I get toasts and tile count for it appears all notifications but the one I want, MESSAGES!! new messages exist but regardless of time i never see a toast or tile count update!! Same on my old Radar 7.5/8

Ideas? Pint?
    The app is in beta. Send your feedback in the app.

Also. To those asking about Facebook Beta for WP7.

joebelfiore ‏@joebelfiore 2h
    #WP7 users: don't miss the fact that new #Youtube is coming to WP7. FB (beta) will be coming to WP7 too, a bit later. Some others too.
    05-07-2013 02:27 PM
    The app is in beta. Send your feedback in the app.
    Did this, but posted as cant imagine they send any personal feedback and quicker the better!

P.S. I had the same issue with the older FB app, on current phone and older radar. Leads me to guess at it not being the app or at least not just the app!? Posted to throw it out there :)
    05-07-2013 04:29 PM
    They just updated it to 5.0.1.2, does anyone notice any changes?
    05-13-2013 01:49 PM
    live tile stopped working again. do I have to reinstall fb beta every update or what? this is very annoying!
    05-13-2013 11:05 PM
    Anyone else having issue with chat (friends are not shown), just blank?
    Also, not all friends are shown in friend list, only a few are shown. Manual refresh doesn't help.

Same for events and birthdays, not all are shown.

These issues started happening only after yesterday's update to 5.0.1.2.
    05-14-2013 02:56 AM
    Anyone else having issue with chat (friends are not shown), just blank?
    Also, not all friends are shown in friend list, only a few are shown. Manual refresh doesn't help.

Same for events and birthdays, not all are shown.

These issues started happening only after yesterday's update to 5.0.1.2.
    yup. same problems
    05-14-2013 04:55 AM
    I installed the latest Facebook Beta update on my 920 and it just crushed my battery. All I did was log into the app and check a few things. Come back two hours later to the phone and my battery dropped 25%. Yikes!
    05-14-2013 10:36 AM
    I installed the latest Facebook Beta update on my 920 and it just crushed my battery. All I did was log into the app and check a few things. Come back two hours later to the phone and my battery dropped 25%. Yikes!
    It was a coincidence. It happens sometimes. Just reboot, charge and wait for it to happen with some other app weeks from now.
    05-14-2013 02:29 PM
    Beta Apps not on the store anymore. UK.
    05-14-2013 05:02 PM
    Beta Apps not on the store anymore. UK.
    Doesn't show in search but still exists. Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    05-17-2013 06:46 AM
    I've just tried the Facebook app on my other company phone. Same issue with notifications still exists! I get a toast and tile count for all notifications EXCEPT FACEBOOK MESSAGES, which to be honest is the only notification I do want.

Do you get message notifications OK? As well as other notifications (post replies)?

I want this notification so I can be reactive to FB messages. I don't have the native chat active i.e. "online" in Messaging since I don't want to appear online or suffer the battery impact!

I've sent questions and given feedback and as expected heard NOTHING BACK. This is infuriating!
    05-17-2013 06:51 AM
    I've just tried the Facebook app on my other company phone. Same issue with notifications still exists! I get a toast and tile count for all notifications EXCEPT FACEBOOK MESSAGES, which to be honest is the only notification I do want.

Do you get message notifications OK? As well as other notifications (post replies)?

I want this notification so I can be reactive to FB messages. I don't have the native chat active i.e. "online" in Messaging since I don't want to appear online or suffer the battery impact!

I've sent questions and given feedback and as expected heard NOTHING BACK. This is infuriating!
    Nobody is getting notifications for messages with the offical app (beta or not)

I also don't like to be online (whenever it decides to work that is) all the time on facebook.

Right now there is only one facebook app that is able to display messages notifications: JDB for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) (there is also an ad-free pro version)
    you should try it, it gets updated regularly and since I discovered it, I had no reason to go to the mobile website or use an official app!
    05-17-2013 07:26 AM
    What about WP 7.8 ........?
    05-17-2013 08:58 AM
    What about WP 7.8 ........?
    It's coming.
    05-17-2013 10:00 AM

if you use fb chat heavily why not use it via the people hub? it's much smoother
    05-17-2013 08:02 PM
    if you use fb chat heavily why not use it via the people hub? it's much smoother
    the people hub isn't reliable sometimes they work and a lot of times they don't work at all
    05-18-2013 12:59 PM
    That's the thing, I don't, nor do I want to use chat heavily. But I would like to know someone has messaged me and be reactive about it. The next time I open the app and notice a message could be hours/days apart.

Least it's a common trait, thought it was just me.
    05-19-2013 08:14 AM
178 ... 5678