New Facebook App for WP8! Finally!!

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I realised if you clicked on a toast notification to reply to a comment, once you're inside the app, you can't go back to the news feed or anything, since you're in the comments page and there isn't the blue menu bar for you to go back. (if you press the back button, you would be brought back to the screen which you were on prior to pressing the toast notification)

The only way to get back to the news feeds is to exit the app, and enter the app again. (Or click on someone's name who commented as well which would bring you to his profile and you can access the news feed there).

Thus, I send a feedback to the developer to enable the blue menu bar in the comments section.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the touch mobile version with metro, but it's not fully functional as the touch version.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Andreas H

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to manage pages in Facebook Beta? I have my personal page and and another page I'm administrating. I want to post as myself when I write on my wall and on my other page I want to post as that. I can do this on facebook.com

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well mine app just crashed. Totally. It won't launch anymore.

When it does launch, it prompts me to send error report. When I hit "ok" and the screen comes up to chose your email, it just crashes again. Rebooted phone. Still crashed. Had to uninstall and re install app and I can interact with notifications pertaining to Facebook pages now.

App seems a bit more responsive since I've reinstaleld

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well mine app just crashed. Totally. It won't launch anymore.

When it does launch, it prompts me to send error report. When I hit "ok" and the screen comes up to chose your email, it just crashes again. Rebooted phone. Still crashed. Had to uninstall and re install app and I can interact with notifications pertaining to Facebook pages now.

App seems a bit more responsive since I've reinstaleld

Same thing happened with me the other day. Re-install fixed it.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I faced the battery issue when I started using the new facebook app and set the facebook as wallpaper to my lock screen. The battery started draining like anything. I have informed the same to MS.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Toasts work for me now, runs smooth as ever.

How about your fb tile ?

EDIT: my tile is working NOW :) :) :) ... a big tile is very nice, a number in my colorful banner tile and flip side has the message "x has responded / commented your y" ... (a nice big live tile) ... well, just like in "Me" tile ... :p

... also first time a number on my lock screen ... :) :) :)

Last edited:

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish the tile was the color of your theme with the white "f" from facebook.

I don't like having all my tiles being one color and then all of the sudden a blue tile.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't like having all my tiles being one color and then all of the sudden a blue tile.

I like it! :)

the text on the wide tile needs to be scaled down to size. maybe like WPCentral live tile. so I can see more than one notifications.

At present, i could barely see one full notification because the text is so damn big!

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

JDB Facebook does this, you can even set the facebook menus to your accent color!

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I had toast work again just for a bit and nothing. Man toast MUST work or this is going to suck. Now when I try to reshare, I get the pop up the check the privacy of the post? WHAT? I can go to the touch site and reshare the same post but the app will not share it due to privacy issues? Sounds like this app is running third party APIs and this will suck if we get kick backs that a simple mobile site can do easily. :cry:

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone advise. I feel I've exhausted all ideas, install, uninstalls, reinstalls, new phones, removal of ms from fb apps and re-add...
I get toasts and tile count for it appears all notifications but the one I want, MESSAGES!! new messages exist but regardless of time i never see a toast or tile count update!! Same on my old Radar 7.5/8

Ideas? Pint?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone advise. I feel I've exhausted all ideas, install, uninstalls, reinstalls, new phones, removal of ms from fb apps and re-add...
I get toasts and tile count for it appears all notifications but the one I want, MESSAGES!! new messages exist but regardless of time i never see a toast or tile count update!! Same on my old Radar 7.5/8

Ideas? Pint?

The app is in beta. Send your feedback in the app.

Also. To those asking about Facebook Beta for WP7.

joebelfiore ‏@joebelfiore 2h
#WP7 users: don't miss the fact that new #Youtube is coming to WP7. FB (beta) will be coming to WP7 too, a bit later. Some others too.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The app is in beta. Send your feedback in the app.

Did this, but posted as cant imagine they send any personal feedback and quicker the better!

P.S. I had the same issue with the older FB app, on current phone and older radar. Leads me to guess at it not being the app or at least not just the app!? Posted to throw it out there :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo