New Facebook App for WP8! Finally!!

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issue with chat (friends are not shown), just blank?
Also, not all friends are shown in friend list, only a few are shown. Manual refresh doesn't help.

Same for events and birthdays, not all are shown.

These issues started happening only after yesterday's update to 5.0.1.2.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issue with chat (friends are not shown), just blank?
Also, not all friends are shown in friend list, only a few are shown. Manual refresh doesn't help.

Same for events and birthdays, not all are shown.

These issues started happening only after yesterday's update to 5.0.1.2.

yup. same problems

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I installed the latest Facebook Beta update on my 920 and it just crushed my battery. All I did was log into the app and check a few things. Come back two hours later to the phone and my battery dropped 25%. Yikes!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I installed the latest Facebook Beta update on my 920 and it just crushed my battery. All I did was log into the app and check a few things. Come back two hours later to the phone and my battery dropped 25%. Yikes!
It was a coincidence. It happens sometimes. Just reboot, charge and wait for it to happen with some other app weeks from now.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I've just tried the Facebook app on my other company phone. Same issue with notifications still exists! I get a toast and tile count for all notifications EXCEPT FACEBOOK MESSAGES, which to be honest is the only notification I do want.

Do you get message notifications OK? As well as other notifications (post replies)?

I want this notification so I can be reactive to FB messages. I don't have the native chat active i.e. "online" in Messaging since I don't want to appear online or suffer the battery impact!

I've sent questions and given feedback and as expected heard NOTHING BACK. This is infuriating!

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried the Facebook app on my other company phone. Same issue with notifications still exists! I get a toast and tile count for all notifications EXCEPT FACEBOOK MESSAGES, which to be honest is the only notification I do want.

Do you get message notifications OK? As well as other notifications (post replies)?

I want this notification so I can be reactive to FB messages. I don't have the native chat active i.e. "online" in Messaging since I don't want to appear online or suffer the battery impact!

I've sent questions and given feedback and as expected heard NOTHING BACK. This is infuriating!

Nobody is getting notifications for messages with the offical app (beta or not)

I also don't like to be online (whenever it decides to work that is) all the time on facebook.

Right now there is only one facebook app that is able to display messages notifications: JDB for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) (there is also an ad-free pro version)
you should try it, it gets updated regularly and since I discovered it, I had no reason to go to the mobile website or use an official app!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

if you use fb chat heavily why not use it via the people hub? it's much smoother

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
if you use fb chat heavily why not use it via the people hub? it's much smoother

That's the thing, I don't, nor do I want to use chat heavily. But I would like to know someone has messaged me and be reactive about it. The next time I open the app and notice a message could be hours/days apart.

Least it's a common trait, thought it was just me.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand what you're saying Tezler. Many people on this forum struggle to realise there is a difference between Facebook chat and Facebook messages.

I too have never received a notification from the official Facebook apps for a message but thankfully I just received an instant notification for a Facebook message using the JDB for Facebook app. They just released an update for their app and notifications seem to work well so far. I originally had a new email account set up and got Facebook to email me when I received a message but they were always delayed. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd get a notification for a Facebook message.

Last edited:

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I completely understand what you're saying Tezler. Many people on this forum struggle to realise there is a difference between Facebook chat and Facebook messages.

I too have never received a notification from the official Facebook apps for a message but thankfully I just received an instant notification for a Facebook message using the JDB for Facebook app. They just released an update for their app and notifications seem to work well so far. I originally had a new email account set up and got Facebook to email me when I received an email but they were always delayed. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd get a notification for a Facebook message.

I also used the e-mail workaround before using JDB for Facebook. I am still amazed each time it gives me a toast notification (and tile) for a message, because I gave up all hopes on these notifications from an official app!

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone noticed the batt drain just from using the App? It's not as bad as current build of Whatsapp but it's a little worse than on Android :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo