What App Would Should I Make For Windows Phone Next?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I currently have 2 apps:

Pretty Clock and Pretty Compass

I'm passionate about simple and beautiful design and I am looking for ideas for my next app to add to my collection. I would like suggestions for apps that either aren't on the store or there are only ugly versions available on the store. so get suggesting! :)

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
An app that automatically backs up your sms and mms messages to a chosen email account. Common app on android, can't believe its not WP8 yet, I would pay money for it.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
WP8 already backs up your messages to your Microsoft account is that not enough? And unfortunately an app cannot access your messages so wouldn't be able to back them up.

VWDasher

May 5, 2013
Visit site
How about a car cam app? They are getting more popular as stand alone devices but if you have your phone mounted on the windshield why not use it? It does not have to be complicated and I think it would be easy to activate with a dedicated tile that you tap to start. In that same vein - how about a time lapse app? I just got my Nokia 920 and I am still exploring the app store so these things may already be out there.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
WP8 already backs up your messages to your Microsoft account is that not enough? And unfortunately an app cannot access your messages so wouldn't be able to back them up.

Hi Luk3ja i am not aware of this feature could you help me to activate it.
I am using a Lumia 920.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Luk3ja i am not aware of this feature could you help me to activate it.
I am using a Lumia 920.

If you go to your 'settings' app, choose backup from the list and then choose 'text messages'... at the top of the next page should be text message backup and chat backup.

BackupTexts.jpg

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
How about a car cam app? They are getting more popular as stand alone devices but if you have your phone mounted on the windshield why not use it? It does not have to be complicated and I think it would be easy to activate with a dedicated tile that you tap to start. In that same vein - how about a time lapse app? I just got my Nokia 920 and I am still exploring the app store so these things may already be out there.

Try 'TimeLapse Pro'
Timelapse Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

Would that be good enough for your car dash use as well or would you like a separate dedicated app?

Last edited:

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If you go to your 'settings' app, choose backup from the list and then choose 'text messages'... at the top of the next page should be text message backup and chat backup.

View attachment 33446
yes, but isn't this purely for if you have to reset your phone etc, you cannot see the messages in SkyDrive, unless things have changed? I would like it to keep all text messages in an email chain for each contact, as the android app does?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
yes, but isn't this purely for if you have to reset your phone etc, you cannot see the messages in SkyDrive, unless things have changed? I would like it to keep all text messages in an email chain for each contact, as the android app does?

It is to restore the messages to your phone but you can see picture messages and skype, facebook, messenger chats all within outlook online and it makes mentions of text messaging so maybe they're trying to implement it look...

outlookTexts.jpg

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Would it be possible to have some kind of music visualizer where based on the beats and pitch, we can have colour changes or some kind of spikes?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Found a way to view EVERY text message you have ever sent and recieved! It even shows them as unread if I havent opened the text message on my phone WOW!

In Outlook if you click 'messaging history' on the left hand side then look at the URL of that page...

should be similar to this...
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1#n=12345678&fid=b

If your remove the end bit after the &as=1 then press enter it suddenly shows all texts instead of your facebook and skype chats etc!
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1

(dont copy this URL because yours will be different)

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Found a way to view EVERY text message you have ever sent and recieved! It even shows them as unread if I havent opened the text message on my phone WOW!

In Outlook if you click 'messaging history' on the left hand side then look at the URL of that page...

should be similar to this...
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1#n=12345678&fid=b

If your remove the end bit after the &as=1 then press enter it suddenly shows all texts instead of your facebook and skype chats etc!
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1

(dont copy this URL because yours will be different)

that is cool, why its hidden I do not know. Still room for improvement, would be great if it showed contact name instead of mobile number or in addition to. And also if it put texts into threads, say 100 per contact then start a new chain. But certainly worth knowing this feature is there, especially having a nightmare ex wife, always good to keep all communication 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo