05-26-2013 03:01 AM
61 123
tools
    The design is good, but it is as others have said above missing some features.
    05-07-2013 04:21 PM
    Anyone else having trouble with it jumping between v1.0 and v2.0? have had 6 notifications so far of an update to youtube and each time its either v1 or v2. Im in UK with L820
    Yeah I keep getting that. It now wants me to "update" to v1.0 from v2.0.

I would of thought they had sorted it out by now
    05-07-2013 04:26 PM
    Can anyone explain why the Toggle to full screen button takes me to landscape mode, but when I rotate the device to portrait orientation it doesn't respond. I am forced to use the toggle button again to get back to portrait.
    I hope I am not the only one who observed this.

(the yellow oval is the toggle button I am ranting abt)
    wp_ss_20130508_0002.jpg
    05-07-2013 05:10 PM
    It's a lock orientation button as well.
    05-07-2013 05:30 PM
    It's a lock orientation button as well.
    Damn it, they should have used a different icon. But we have a good app so I am over looking this.
    jakem1 likes this.
    05-07-2013 06:21 PM
    Anyone else having trouble with it jumping between v1.0 and v2.0? have had 6 notifications so far of an update to youtube and each time its either v1 or v2. Im in UK with L820
    The new YouTube app is available in UK. I've just downloaded it, and it looks better than the screen shots.

Furthermore, I hate to say it, but this app is better than Metrotube, as it is more up to date in terms of comments. Nevertheless, I'm still going to keep Metrotube because paid for it -- well I say paid, I donated 79p, as the app is free.
    Last edited by Dazzi; 05-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    05-07-2013 07:14 PM
    It's more full featured than any other client because Microsoft simply has access to functionality that third parties don't. I think this will be my backup client for situations where myTube doesn't cut it. I hope it turns out fine for Lazyworm and Ryken, they've put a tonne of effort into their clients and deserve credit for it.

Anyone else getting jittery animations when navigating through the app? I'm getting instances where the app bar is popping in and out, screen flashes for a split second, etc. It doesn't feel fully native.
    Dazzi likes this.
    05-07-2013 08:10 PM
    It's more full featured than any other client because Microsoft simply has access to functionality that third parties don't. I think this will be my backup client for situations where myTube doesn't cut it. I hope it turns out fine for Lazyworm and Ryken, they've put a tonne of effort into their clients and deserve credit for it.

Anyone else getting jittery animations when navigating through the app? I'm getting instances where the app bar is popping in and out, screen flashes for a split second, etc. It doesn't feel fully native.
    I totally agree regarding their efforts, that is why I donated money because I appreciate what they have done.

It's not jittery, but it's kind of slow to show everything, like when websites take time to load -- Metrotube is a lot faster that's for sure.
    AngryNil likes this.
    05-07-2013 08:28 PM
    Hey maybe Google+ is next afterall.
    I hope so, I really want to get into Windows Phone 8 but there are some apps missing that I'd like to see there

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-2013 09:45 PM
    WP is finally coming to its full life! So happy with my YouTube app....

It kinda reminds me of my old youtube app in iPhone.
    05-07-2013 09:59 PM
    Got it.... it works really smooth...!!
    05-08-2013 12:51 AM
    Meh, doesn't allow directly replying to comments or accessing your inbox, so I'm sticking with the mobile YouTube browser site.

Other than that I really like where it's going.
    05-08-2013 02:24 AM
    Yes i got that Version 3.0 update of Youtube. The error which i used to get on Youtube.com "sorry we can't play this file on your phone " has also disappeared. I'm happy with new app. Has great user interface . Now no need of any other Youtube apps. Thank you to Microsoft
    05-08-2013 03:28 AM
    Got the news after i purchase myTube app, but that's okay. Finally an appropriate app for youtube.

Thx MS & Google, for collaborating :D
    05-08-2013 03:35 AM
    Anyone else get the - Youtube_WP: Version 3.0.4888.1: Problem Report error when opening the application?
    Asks me to send a report to microsoft.

The error message is related to 'Operation not permitted on IsolatedStorageFileStream'

HTC 8x opening app from home screen
    05-08-2013 07:18 AM
    Thanks for the support guys, stay tuned though.. Updates for Metrotube in the pipe, we've just been busy with Windows 8 version!
    AngryNil and Dazzi like this.
    05-08-2013 05:01 PM
    Maybe someone could clarify (only just got a windows phone yesterday) but, are you able to put a song on with Youtube and then go to another app and it will continue or not?
    05-08-2013 05:10 PM
    Maybe someone could clarify (only just got a windows phone yesterday) but, are you able to put a song on with Youtube and then go to another app and it will continue or not?
    Nope. You can put a song on and turn off the screen, but not navigate away from the app.
    kalo88 likes this.
    05-08-2013 06:14 PM
    What does this settings kinda button do? Doesn't seem to work for me..

wp_ss_20130509_0002.png
    05-08-2013 11:14 PM
    Resolution.
    05-09-2013 12:41 AM
    The app is fannytastic
    05-09-2013 02:53 AM
    Looks legit (on par with MetrTube - will uninstall), but the UI in MyTube and VIDEO SCROLLING is so superior, too bad it doesn't handle playlists...
    05-09-2013 05:21 AM
    Ooohhhh, an even better feature of the YouTube app from Microsoft:

Microsoft YouTube App Is A Rule Breaker; It Strips Ads, Downloads Video

Unfortunately, it breaks some of Google's terms of service. We'll see how long Google holds out before it starts F$%&*^%@# with the feed, again.

Still pisses me off that Google breaks YouTube with IE on WP8, and even IE 10 on Win8.
    05-10-2013 10:35 PM
    While I really appreciate what Microsoft has done with this app, there's still one feature I wish it had. When someone sends me a YouTube link via SMS or something, it still opens up in IE. I would prefer that it open up in this app since it allows video scrubbing, resolution selection, etc. Since MS released this app, they should be able to allow that integration.
    05-11-2013 12:32 AM
    While I really appreciate what Microsoft has done with this app, there's still one feature I wish it had. When someone sends me a YouTube link via SMS or something, it still opens up in IE. I would prefer that it open up in this app since it allows video scrubbing, resolution selection, etc. Since MS released this app, they should be able to allow that integration.
    It works for vnd links, which is what apps use to launch directly to the video. In general, I think Microsoft should provide this "URL catching" functionality for any app. It will go a long way to providing usable inter app communication. For example, there are many places which simply aren't found through Bing's local search. I can find them through Google, but most will provide a Google Maps link. If GMaps Pro could catch maps.google.com URLs and navigate to the said place, it would be fantastic.
    05-11-2013 02:06 AM
61 123