Here maps on WP8 suck !

SergikUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am taking back my words since the arrival of today's update. Finally compass feature has been implemented. Live sight looks cool as well !!

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I know they FINALLY DID IT! Livesight is a bit odd, i find it quite laggy on my 920 and its basically the same as city lens imho....

skshandilya

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have a problem with categories, If I want to hunt for a the nearest GAS station I could do that easily with Symbian version, but the same feature is not there in Here maps. When will that come? There are about 40 to 50 categories in Symbian but there are about 7 to 8 in WP. that is very limiting.

Last edited:

SergikUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I still have a problem with categories, If I want to hunt for a the nearest GAS station I could do that easily with Symbian version, but the same feature is not there in Here maps. When will that come? There are about 40 to 50 categories in Symbian but there are about 7 to 8 in WP. that is very limiting.
I completely agree with you. Funnily enough I was looking for a petrol station the other day and had to type in "petrol station" in search in order to find one. It was much simpler on my old C7.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had a similar experience with Here Maps. The one time I used it, it wasn't until realizing that I passed a usual exit that the app was directing me to make an unnecessary U-turn about 3 exits down, which added about 15 minutes onto my drive.

I'm now working with GMaps which does an OK job at getting me to my destination, but its clunky and unrefined interface is not without its share of problems and it's going to take some getting used to.

Last edited:

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to get really frustrated with this app, to the point I uninstalled it. I later reinstalled it and found that seemed to fix a lot of my problems. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the maps. Give it a try and see if it helps anyone else. I have seen huge performance improvements.

cyberfreakct38

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the OP 100%. HERE Maps/ nav beyond sucks and has failed me countless times. I live in a rural part of florida, and it constantly gives me incorrect directions (ie. Turn left- which would require me to drive off the ****** road) or my most recent occurrence, I am driving in the correct direction on the interstate heading north, and HERE Maps tells me to take the exit, make a U-Turn and get back on the interstate heading in the same friggin direction :confused::confused:
I wouldnt be as ticked if i was able to see the directions in advance, but thats not even possible yet. Idk what to do, I need a GPS with Voice. I just wish they would bring back BING maps.:love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans