BBM Goes Cross Platform, no WP announced

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts where on this?

BB announce their BBM app was going cross platform this summer to IOS and Android. It will eventually include all features, including screenshare. No WP support was announced at the keynote.

Thoughts? Think it will come? Do you want it?

I would like to see it come, since I have many friends who use BBM.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just seen this myself - seems a bit of a sh*tty move if im honest - just days after Skype gets a juicy upgrade on BB they then cut out MS and WP in return.

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
A little to late really i have 95% of my friends on fb or whatsapp. Back in 2009 I had a couple on bbm now more for kids

Yes, and no. For me at least.

My friends are all on FB or Whatsapp, but I think with the potential of BBM I'd switch to it as my main messaging app. Message, Video, Voice, Screenshare, and their new channels. It would be nice.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Of course no WP support - they're fighting for 3rd place with MS (and losing in a lot of places). So of course not, but they'll release it on iOS and Android because they know they can't catch those two anyway.

With the growth of WhatsApp, Viber, etc., BBM is no longer relevant except for those that have a lot of friends/family using BBM for some reason.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
time to ditch blackberries.

That's actually one of the main selling points to my customers. They could never leave BB because of BBM and would always choose BB over other phones because of it.

The ship is almost at the bottom of the ocean floor /whistle

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I can see the sales of blackberry devices decreasing drastically because bbm is their main selling point and now that android and ios users can access bbm why would you buy a blackberry z10 when you could get an iphone, galaxy s4, htc one etc. Which all have better hardware and soon will have blackberry's best feature

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Is BBM really that critical and essential anymore? Pretty much every plan seems to include unlimited texting. It's not like it was years ago when people used BBM to avoid sending SMS.

Low blow to Microsoft by not including us. I do see BBM video chat as a threat to Skype. Even though I hold shares in RIM, I say that it's time for Microsoft and Nokia to go "thermonuclear" against Blackberry. :p

eldricho

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Team BlackBerry, but I really think they should have released BBM for WP too. We got Skype, so we should actually return the favour.
Maybe in the coming months?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft/skype put enough work into skype they could completely rule the mobile messaging world BUT I can honestly say one thing I miss about blackberry is BBM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2