Today I'm disappointed with Skype for WP8.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Skype user, I use it to contact my family and Friends on almost on daily basis.
Today I went back home and had some good time with my family and my mother told me about an issue with her Skype app on her Gs3 so I grabbed it and went to the play store, the app last updated 4 months ago on her phone :) so when I updated it everything worked fine, I had the chance to use it umm heavy for one day .. And I'm both surprised and disappointed. Surprised by the great app functionality and features, but, disappointed by the fact of Skype on my WP8 which could be considered primal to this one.
Can't see why Ms can't push its mobile platform with this great app that THEY OWN. They should really think of bringing these features with the upcoming update foe the app.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Simple things are annoying. Like today I was messaging my gf on skype and each single message she sent would come through the phone as well, even though we were chatting on the desktop.

It's great that toast notifications are working (lol) but I don't remember this being this way before. I have a friend on messenger, I get his message on the desktop, skype windows phone app and the messaging app...

Simple things like this need to be fixed.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this happens on android too, and it's super annoying.
But then again, google talk does the same if I recall correctly, and gmail as well.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You should try Skype on iOS. You'll hate using your Windows Phone for Skype after that :wink:

Don't want you to get me wrong there .. I love my windows phone experience in general, its just doesn't make sense to me, I mean Ms should load up their app on their mobile platform to bring some new users, not leaving It in the bottom on the list when it comes to updates.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Simple things are annoying. Like today I was messaging my gf on skype and each single message she sent would come through the phone as well, even though we were chatting on the desktop.

It's great that toast notifications are working (lol) but I don't remember this being this way before. I have a friend on messenger, I get his message on the desktop, skype windows phone app and the messaging app...

Simple things like this need to be fixed.
got the same issue when I chat with someone over Skype using PC, but I can say that I'm OK with it.
The funny thing (sadly) Is that we are looking for notifications now as a major thing when we think about it.
I posted something about twitter apps notifications last weak.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't want you to get me wrong there .. I love my windows phone experience in general, its just doesn't make sense to me, I mean Ms should load up their app on their mobile platform to bring some new users, not leaving It in the bottom on the list when it comes to updates.
It's the same with games as well. For example Tentacles is updated for iPhone 5 yet it's not even compatible with Windows Phone 8. As much as we'd like to tell ourselves otherwise, Windows Phone is just not high in the list of priorities for Microsoft.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Though I don't really know how it is, but I think Skype works as an independent 'company' within Microsoft. Microsoft has bought it, but they've just told them to 'get on with what they were doing before'.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Though I don't really know how it is, but I think Skype works as an independent 'company' within Microsoft. Microsoft has bought it, but they've just told them to 'get on with what they were doing before'.

That would make no sense. Not only that Skype was hardly profitable IIRC, why would you buy a company like Skype without making things exclusive or better for Microsoft products?

I just wish Skype would have a better messaging app, so that it could compete with WhatsApp. But it's just a pain to open that app for fast messaging. It always felt so... slow.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

That would make no sense. Not only that Skype was hardly profitable IIRC, why would you buy a company like Skype without making things exclusive or better for Microsoft products?

I just wish Skype would have a better messaging app, so that it could compete with WhatsApp. But it's just a pain to open that app for fast messaging. It always felt so... slow.

MS probably pays more attention to their own apps for iOS & Android than for WP for the same reason as other major developers: market share!

Or, is WP more difficult to develop for? I'm not a developer so I have no clue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon