Here Drive + beta

edsal

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Traveling from Rio to Chicago this week I found out my Here Drive + beta can track my location at 35.000 feet in airplane mode with no wifi ' also giving me details of speed and area that was so cool.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Traveling from Rio to Chicago this week I found out my Here Drive + beta can track my location at 35.000 feet in airplane mode with no wifi ' also giving me details of speed and area that was so cool.

As far as I'm aware flight mode only stops your phone from transmitting, and GPS is a receiver which Here Drive uses to calculate your position from satellites.

Therefore, I believe what you are saying -- I wish you would of posted this the other day, as I've just been on a flight myself and I could of tested it for myself.😁

edsal

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry i just remember to make the post yesterday but it did work the guy sitting next to me was ask what phone i had i told him it was a Nokia windows phone with Here Drive ' he wanted the app but he had IOs.

edsal

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Trust me the thing work's i wouldn't have made the post if it didn't i will fly next month and i will take my camera this time to take a photo or video..

edsal

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't take my camera on this trip i didn't think it would work i was just playing around with phone and it worked i was just as suprise and shock as the guy sitting next to me when i showed him' to bad for him he have ios .

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Maps tracks in airplane mode, as well (as mentioned in a 928 thread). I tracked myself in real time on a flight last night from Providence to Philly; most of the flight occurring over the Atlantic Ocean.

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just took screenshots of both (using in-flight internet). Will post tonight when I'm finally at the hotel. Here Drive is pretty funny with the excessive speed warnings. ;)

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
tumblr_mn4q1fOffb1s2wpx4o1_500.png

tumblr_mn4q1fOffb1s2wpx4o2_500.png

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720