MirrorLink--will it be available?

mariusdk

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows if there is any development on a Mirrorlink app for WP8.

I have a 920 and I am very pleased with it to say the least,luckily seam to have been spared the issues most are complaining on this forum about.

The one slight issue I have is using the GPS,although I find it a great feature and better than my Garmin Nuvi,I have not found a good way of mounting the phone in my car that is quick on,quick off.Part of the reason for this is the cover I am using that fully encloses the phone and therefore makes the standard Nokia holder obsolete.Due to the nature of my work,exposing the screen for long periods is not a option.

Imagine my happiness when I walked into a auto store the other day and discover a double din car stereo with something called Mirrorlink and it mentions Nokia,at the time it was running a demo of Nokia Maps.

Basically it displays whatever is displayed on you're mobile,for me personally it would have been worth the investment.

Unfortunately after playing around for a while I could not get my Lumia to either display album art or maps,although it was playing music just fine with the attached information.I have to add,that the salesperson was of no use,had little to no product knowledge,other than it can play CD's and has Bluetooth functionality.

Got back home and I did a bit of research and discovered that Mirrorlink is actually a agreement between Sony,JVC,Alpine and a few others to provide factory standards so that Smartphones of all makes can have this mirror function.All that is required is a APP to sync with the unit,in most cases in the region of $20.

Great,unfortunately only older Nokia models are catered for and it is beyond me that something that has been on the market for 6 mths now and all ready have a replacement announced is not looked after.

I am almost 100% convinced I would not be the only one interested in going this route,having my phone in my centre console and my GPS displayed on a 8" screen is well worth the investment for me.Plus it gives me a great reason to convince my significant other that we need to upgrade the factory fitted car audio.....

The only reason I am posting this on here,is maybe I have overlooked something somewhere and there is a different option available to me.If there is,I would welcome any advice.

Thanx

JackDB

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm also hoping this will come sooner than later as I have ordered a VW with Car-net. Promising but the clock is ticking....
The lean Microsoft has to rise and create something small but release it now.
There is an article techrepublic.com "microsoft-shows-off-mirrorlink-working-with-windows-Phone"

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe mirrorlink requires a phone to have hdmi out and the spp Bluetooth profile.
One way to get by mirrorlink is with Miracast. Some of the newer phones like the 635 have the ablility to wirelessly display to a device like a Netgear PTV 3000 which you could attach to the hdmi input of an in dash unit like the Pioneer Appradio 3.

I'm actually getting this installed in my car soon, but not to mirror my WP, but oddly to mirror an android because currently there is no WP app for the Valentine 1 radar. Which is a shame. I've asked the developer for support for WP, but he is too busy still working on the android app. If this were to happen, that would leave someone or Pioneer to support the platform or someone would need to develop an app like ARUnchained that allows touch and other functions beyond the Pioneer app. This would also be necessary to allow touch controls via miracast with a WP since hooking it up with an adapter will only allow mirroring without touch capabilities as i'm understanding.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the Appradio 3 installed. Works beautifully!

Valentine 1 Yav1 mirrorlink with Appradio 3 and ARunchained - YouTube

The LG G2 I used sits in the glovebox full time. I got one cheap off fleabay for $129 with a bad esn. The Appradio allows 2 Bluetooth connections at the same time just like I wanted. Since I still prefer Windows Phone, I can pair it as the main device for hands free operation for calls and voice search with Cortana. Holding down the Appradio home button brings up the voice command function that's linked to Cortana. It also imported all my contacts from my Lumia 920. When I get in the car, all I need to do if I want to use connected apps on the G2 is just toggle on internet sharing.

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Can you explain how you did this ? I have a AVH X26080BT wich is a 2600BT made in brazil, it support appradio/appmode and mirrorlink.
My plans was the same, use my L920 as primary phone and connect a Android phone to run apps, what cable was used ?

Thank you

Finally got the Appradio 3 installed. Works beautifully!

Valentine 1 Yav1 mirrorlink with Appradio 3 and ARunchained - YouTube

The LG G2 I used sits in the glovebox full time. I got one cheap off fleabay for $129 with a bad esn. The Appradio allows 2 Bluetooth connections at the same time just like I wanted. Since I still prefer Windows Phone, I can pair it as the main device for hands free operation for calls and voice search with Cortana. Holding down the Appradio home button brings up the voice command function that's linked to Cortana. It also imported all my contacts from my Lumia 920. When I get in the car, all I need to do if I want to use connected apps on the G2 is just toggle on internet sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12