Nokia Weather Channel Live Tile acting strangely

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My fiancee and I both just got Lumia 928s and it came with the weather channel app from Nokia preinstalled. I used the weather channel on my Trophy anyway so I kept it. My fiancees live tile stopped updating in the small tile size. It just shows the logo and no info but if you make it regular sized or double wide it shows data. It doesn't do this on my phone but I did notice that on my phone it onle has a small and regular size tile with double wide option at all.

On a possibly unrelated note her Xbox Live Avatar is no longer showing up on the games tile either. It's just that silver faceless ghost avatar.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

muertismo

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with the small weather channel live tile. It work for a few days, then stopped working. I reinstalled the app, and it still doesn't work.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah same thing it was working for her for a while and we also tried a reinstall but it didn't work. when we change to other sizes they all work fine.

johnnystu

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Try finding the app in the store to see if there is an update that needs to be done. This happened to me. I wasn't notified of the update, but I noticed one was available. After the update I was able to use the beautiful double size live tile.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I may be crazy, but I think I tried the Weather channel app (non nokia exclusive version) and worked for me in the past. I remember having a similar issue where one of the versions of the app didnt work as well as the other. if not, I highly suggest Accuweather, their app has great tiles

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had an update to the weather on my 928, the live tile stopped working, I could launch it from the live tile. I rebooted the phone, and the tile was gone o.o I re-pined it and has been working since, maybe an update bug on my end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa