Facebook app notifications

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

I haven't found a true answer to this problem, so here I am.
I never get any notification nor livetile updates from the facebook app. Actually I've got one or two since weeks and months of usage, so one can simply say it's not very accurate. Same story with the beta version. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning the phone off and on in between... Nothing!

Seriously, what should I do to make it work?

Cheers,
Adam.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Ugghhhh...that is because the background task for FB ONLY is related to lockscreen images, NOT push notifications, which are exactly that. PUSH NOTIFICATIONS. Background tasks ARE NOT the same as push notifications.

Unless you use the FB app lockscreen images, you CANNOT enable the FB background task.

Don't believe me? Enable the FB lockscreen image and read the background task description.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you using MS FB Beta or the original? So far, the BETA is giving me pretty much all the notification.

Hi folks,

I haven't found a true answer to this problem, so here I am.
I never get any notification nor livetile updates from the facebook app. Actually I've got one or two since weeks and months of usage, so one can simply say it's not very accurate. Same story with the beta version. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning the phone off and on in between... Nothing!

Seriously, what should I do to make it work?

Cheers,
Adam.

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I've created a private album on FB with my wallpaper and use the custom option in the app to select this only album. So actually, everything is as it was before. Let's see now if the notifications do work indeed!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the notification would update more frequently rather than every 30 minutes.

wp_ss_20130524_0001.jpg

Okay so I've created a private album on FB with my wallpaper and use the custom option in the app to select this only album. So actually, everything is as it was before. Let's see now if the notifications do work indeed!

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Heck, nothing work at all!

I'm really disappointed, I receive a lot of messages and constantly have to launch the app myself... damn it

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually I use the native one but it works only for online people, if they're offline I don't their message. Is it like this with ICQ as well?

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually I use the native one but it works only for online people, if they're offline I don't their message. Is it like this with ICQ as well?

I just tried it and it works. IM+ would be another alternative as well with very stable interface, but i prefer ICQ bcs it loads new chats very fast

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So I've tried ICQ but same problem :/
I can send messages to someone who's offline, but if they send me something it doesn't appear, I have to check manually on the fb app or something.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
So I've tried ICQ but same problem :/
I can send messages to someone who's offline, but if they send me something it doesn't appear, I have to check manually on the fb app or something.
Do you close the icq? It works well for me if i minimise the app (pressing start button). Also check your icq notification on its setting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo