Hi Friends,

Need your advice & recommendation on third party Windows Phone Wifi app.

On a recent trip overseas, I brought along both my Nokia L920 (unlock) & Samsung Tab 2 (WiFi) tablet. I am able to use the Free Wifi at the hotel, caf, restaurants, etc., but at a particular caf @ the airport, I'm unable to locate / login onto the airport caf Wifi system.

I have checked all my Wifi / Phone settings, and have rebooted & restart both my cellphone & tablet a few times, have walked around the caf, inside & out ...trying to locate the Wifi Signal/ login in...but it is not working / showing up in BOTH my devices...

This is really unusual and strange, as my GF is able to locate & login with her call phone Samsung Note 2 (unlock) almost immediately. I know this situation maybe a "one off" / freak accident, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this similar problem before...

and also if there is" any third party Windows Phone Wifi Finder / Locator app" that actually work that you will recommend?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Rickosw; 05-27-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    05-26-2013 10:35 PM
    Not sure about the samsung, but soft reset (not reboot) your 920 before you enter that cafe. I feel that should help.
    If that cafe network is saved in your phone's remembered list, erase it and try again.
    Have you tried using a laptop there?

here is an app that could help for wp - Free Wifi Locator | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I hate android and am not looking for an app for it :D.

On a lighter side - Call the manager and tell him how irritating it is that his wifi does not work on the most amazing phone.
    05-27-2013 03:15 AM