One album = 6 albums after buying from Nokia Music. Am I doing something wrong?

deckem

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought Daft Punk's new album, Random Access Memories, via Nokia Music. All fine and good, except that for some stupid reason 6 different 'Albums' appear instead of one. This looks to be because, although the 'album' has the same name identified for every track, some tracks are by Daft Punk and other tracks are by Daft Punk, featuring _____. No matter what I do, I can't get the whole album to display as one, let alone play from beginning to end. Some of these 'albums' include only one track because it was the only featuring ____. Am I crazy? Am I doing something wrong? At this point I wish I could just refund the album so I can buy and rip a CD instead; at least all tracks will appear under the same album.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
This also happened to me when copying music from my computer, the issue is withing Nokia Music: they sort the artists by composer instead of album artist.

You can either change the mp3 tags using a computer, there may also be an app for that, not sure (I did it on my computer)

Alternatively, listen to the album in Xbox Music, they sort artists by album artist and everything should be fine!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Install Media Monkey, put your music in it, and change the artist. Lets say make it all "Daft Punk" and you'll be cool :).
Also turn off the xbox music thing else it'll do duplicate songs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs