How to not Sync MS account contacts

Mrtypr

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

I just got this lumia 520 with windows OS 8 so im a bit of a noob with it

I use this phone only for work, I wanted to download some apps so I had to sign in my with microsoft account

Did that, and its adding alot of contacts that I dont want under people from my hotmail. How do I make it not sync those? Only want this purely for my work

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

I just got this lumia 520 with windows OS 8 so im a bit of a noob with it

I use this phone only for work, I wanted to download some apps so I had to sign in my with microsoft account

Did that, and its adding alot of contacts that I dont want under people from my hotmail. How do I make it not sync those? Only want this purely for my work

I haven't found a way to not sync hotmail contacts. If you want, you can choose not to display the hotmail contacts: people > settings > filter contacts... Then choose not to display the hotmail / windows live contacts.

A background question: are you using a personal hotmail address as your Microsoft account on the phone? And are you using it for work and do not want the personal contacts on the phone? If you are, then delete this hotmail address and create a new one, and use that as your Microsoft account on the phone. It won't have any contacts in it until you create contacts.

Mrtypr

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a way to not sync hotmail contacts. If you want, you can choose not to display the hotmail contacts: people > settings > filter contacts... Then choose not to display the hotmail / windows live contacts.

A background question: are you using a personal hotmail address as your Microsoft account on the phone? And are you using it for work and do not want the personal contacts on the phone? If you are, then delete this hotmail address and create a new one, and use that as your Microsoft account on the phone. It won't have any contacts in it until you create contacts.

Yeh probably a good idea, I should make a new one, for this phone, just for work

Savin Nay Wangtal

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
The problem becomes that if you make a new e-mail, everything you synch'ed in (which if you're like me, is not much), doesn't get ported over to your normal account. And you also cannot check your normal e-mails on the phone. To me, that's a bit of a pain in the rear.

Mrtypr

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Just made a new live account and signed in with that

I tried to sign in to my already existing xbox live account, but there was no option to sign in, there was only a way to create a new avatar. Couldnt see a way to switch accounts. Is this using just the new live microsoft account i made? If there is no way to switch I wont worry about it

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just made a new live account and signed in with that

I tried to sign in to my already existing xbox live account, but there was no option to sign in, there was only a way to create a new avatar. Couldnt see a way to switch accounts. Is this using just the new live microsoft account i made? If there is no way to switch I wont worry about it

I think its one Microsoft account for Xbox live... You can't link 2 MS accounts to one Xbox live account.
Sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes