Viber - Serious issue with privacy!!!!!

Caleb Wudneh

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I am surprised complete strangers joined to my family group and see our family discussion. Why Viber allow this to happen?
If viber develop an mobile app how come they fail to add a simple feature that restrict someone from joining into a private group?
Viber currently does not have more feature to restrict.

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,
This is an official rep. of Viber here in WPCentral.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We are unfamiliar with this issue (we have not encountered it in the past), and of course, we will look into to it immediately to see what could have caused this. We will try to see if indeed Viber was the cause of this issue.

Immediate answers to some of your questions:
- Viber images are NOT saved on our servers (nor are plain Viber text messages). We do not keep a copy of our users' messages on our servers as we respect our users' privacy.
- We are unsure about the problem with loading the photo on the other side (nor are we certain about the crash issue).
- Though we haven't investigated this issue thoroughly yet, it is safe to say that this is not a 'phenomenon', i.e it's not that ALL of the photos that fail to be sent via Viber will cause a random photo from your phone to appear at the destination contact (in other words - if indeed Viber caused this - and it has not been 100% confirmed yet - it seems like a one-time glitch).

In order to help us understand the problem to the fullest, we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the specific details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

* Also, please let us know if this problem reoccurs.

Thanks again,
the Viber Team.

Sir, don't we have an option to delete conversation history on a group in viber on windows phone?

Caleb Wudneh

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi Dear Gautham V kunnath,

I am not sure which question you are answering as you have not reply directly to the specific question.
Please answer to individual questions
Thank you

Noel Costantino

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Dear Viber Team, Is it true that all messages and photos sent on viber are not encrypted and that the local team of administrators are all the time making fun of private messages and viewing photos which are sent supposedly "private" I Like viber,it is a good app but unfortunately most of my friends are uninstalling this good app since there have a lot of concerns about what is meant by the word "privacy" at viber

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05