Skype and Facebook Apps suck

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
While some Windows 8 App I prefer over the iphone ones(such as Wikipedia, CNN, IMDB), these Microsoft Skype and Facebook apps are garbage. It's also embarrassing to Microsoft because they own Skype and their own app for it lacks features and an intuitive layout. I used to be able to send files to another person over Skype with my iphone app, but the Windows 8 App does not let you send files to another person. I have that same problem with the Microsoft Facebook app - Iphone's facebook app let you send a photo to someone directly in the Facebook chat.

Facebook and Skype apps need overhauled badly. They need 100% of the features that Iphone has. In order to surpass the Iphone app they just need to have a good visual layout of the app. I know Windows 8 is just getting on it's feet but their core apps should have been good from the get-go!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a new version of Facebook currently in beta testing, so that's moving ahead. Skype is also getting updated from time to time, so hopefully things will improve. I expect some of the app teams have been diverted to help prepare the upcoming GDR2 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss