#2InstaWithMassiveLove [WP7/WP8; Updated!]

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey Windows Phone users,

I apologise if many of you are disappointed by the issues from uploading to registering in the current version of the app in the Windows Phone Store. As I've stated under the description, the app is still under development and it is still far from completed.
An update is currently pending to the official #2InstaWithMassiveLove app to v1.4.0.0.

In the meantime, if you would like to join the beta. Do drop me your Microsoft account [don't sent me password!] so I can add you to the list.
Right now, I am only focusing on missing functionality as compared to the one on iOS and WP7. Once those are done, I'll start to move on to a WP8 port with native feature such as NFC, quick sharing from photo viewing page, and etc!
#2InstaWithMassiveLove beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

What's new in v1.8.8.0 beta:
-The 'commenting' list will no longer reload when posting a new item
-Fixed reloading issue when navigating back to the user profile page
-Added 'liked' item feed for your own profile
-Added TextBox auto-correction for comments
-New tilt effect when interacting with the UX
-Added support to check your list of follows and followers
-Fixed memory issue causing frequent app crash (Significant speed improvements too! Tested on HTC Trophy 7)
-Fixed occasional 'like' issue with Instagram's internal API
-Partial support for detailed photo information

Cheers.

Last edited:

MMMolY

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: #2InstaWithMassiveLove [WP7/WP8; update pending!]

So what about beta subscribe?
I sent you my info in PM, about a week ago, but there isn't any post\pm\email about your decision... So here is a question - where we can know about your decision and where we can found any contacts to share our feedback about beta if someone participate already.

MMMolY

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Additional info. Just seen an PM. Sry. Thx for adding. But where we can share our feedbacks? )))

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

By Microsoft account do you mean Windows Live email? When I try to download the app it says I don't have the permission.

Thanks!

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Beta app updated with improved tagging capability, better user experience for viewing photo & other minor fixes.
I'm currently working on tag searches, & tapping on tags from description/comments and it should be done by today. These changes will be available for the non beta app by Friday.

4rrp.png
o5as.png

lxz.png

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The beta is amazing. It should go live as it is glitch-free. I love the new tagging thing. However, it was very confusing at first and when no tags are selected a random message is inserted into the caption. Also, it would be nice if we could see the comments without taping on the three grey dots.

Thanks!

[EDIT]

I cannot follow or I unfollow people. Please fix that bug

Last edited:

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for patching the following/unfollowing bug. However, in this new release I have noticed that on the uploads screen for all users there is a little message that says no uploads available from this user even if there are uploads that can be seen on the app. I would like to see, in the next update, the ability to edit your profile and view private profiles and follow them. Thanks!

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Taken note of.. I've fixed the 'no upload available' on the current beta release.

The next update will include things like inbox (notifications), tapping on tags, searching for user, & editing profile. If there's enough time (As I need to publish before Tuesday for it to be certified on Friday), I'll try to add following private profile, Twitter and Facebook integration.

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Updated beta app :) v1.9.9.1
Fully working news feed [notifications], fixed follows/unfollows [Due to instagram throttling for third party developer].

Facebook + Twitter integration coming in an hour or so.. I'm almost done.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for the news feed and following/unfollowing bug fix. The worst setback is that I still can't follow private users. It would also be nice to have profile edition options besides password change.

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
First, thanks for adding me to the beta! This app loads the feed twice as fast as instance (apparently; I don't have quantitative proof :p)

What I've noticed:

The app crashed when I went to "news", and I was getting the error when pressing "upload".

I came here and noticed you updated the app, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled with 1.9.9.5. When I ran the app, I was still logged in and I got the same errors. Uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled, problem solved. The news panel works and I can now get to the upload panel.

The about page says Version 1.4.0.0. Also, there are a few grammatical errors (please excuse any I may have in my posts haha). It should say "using the Aviary photo editor", and the comma after "Instagram" in that sentence is not necessary. The next sentence is a little tough to read, and I would suggest wording it like so:
"We want to show how passionate the Windows Phone community is about an Instagram app being made available."
The next sentence should say "Many thanks", instead of "things".

In the profile section, the panels "likes", "followers", "following", and "profile" function properly, however the "uploads" panel does not show anything. Also, the "profile" panel looks a bit off. It seems like the profile picture and the "x photos" box are too close to the border of the blue part of the background.

Text, social, and email integration work fine. Search works, but if you search on the "Users" panel, there are no results under "Hashtags"; you must search there seperately. Videos don't work, but I assume you already know that.

While in the upload section, pressing the Facebook slider works, but the screen flashes when going to the login screen. Pressing the Twitter slider brings up two error dialogues saying Unavailable. Once I signed into Facebook, I went back and then reopened the upload page. Pressing Facebook opens up facebook.com in the in-app browser. I closed the app and retried, however I was no longer signed in to Facebook and I was directed to the login panel again.

I haven't tested printing/PixaRoll or changing my password.

Sometimes the app says "preparing" longer than usual when I load the app and when I go to the upload panel.

Version 1.9.9.5, Nokia Lumia 928

PM sent.

EDIT: I see you've updated to 1.9.9.6, what's changed in the update so I know what to look for? Also, please check the PM, as I would prefer to talk on Facebook.

EDIT 2: Also, the "uploads" panel functions properly when viewing someone else's profile.

Last edited:

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Upcoming update for #2InstaWithMassiveLove ;) It should be live by this Friday..

What's new in v1.6.0.0:
-Sorting of tags by alphabetical order
-Fixed refreshing of feeds
-Fixed relatively time display for detailed photo page
-Optimize for 720p display [HTC 8X, 8XT]
-Fixed issues with registration fully (Too many registrations, & older version error)
-Inbox notifications
-Fixed issues with following/unfollowing fully (Due to throttling limit set for third party developers)
-Facebook integration
-Search for users
-Live tiles (You can now pin profiles to start screen!)
-Added support for tapping of hashtags/users
===

@jibgilmon Thanks. I've taken note of it. However, certain things are not fixed yet due to time constrains. I have to publish it latest by today for it to be certified on Friday.

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It would be a nice feature to be able to control which panel is displayed when the app starts, and/or to be able to pin certain panels to the start screen (feeds, news, popular, profile, other people's profiles, etc).

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 900 wp7.8 (sorry I didn't mention that earlier) app v1.9.9.91. My biggest problem with the current app is the slowness of the news, feeds, and popular sections. They always take up to 10 seconds to load. Also, in the feeds section often pictures won't load until I press the three grey dots beneath them. Just a quick suggestion, could you make the refresh, upload, and search buttons visible on the feeds panel? Unlike Crymarse, the tags work perfectly for me even when I don't select any. Can 2.0.0.0 please be the profile update so I can edit my profile and follow private profiles? It would also be nice if follow requests showed up on the news pannel. Thanks!

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Video playback support should be coming up today (Not upload however) ;)
As for editing profile, it's still being worked on... I am expecting today too, if there's enough time on my end. In the meantime you can change it at http://Instagram.com

Lumia 900 wp7.8 (sorry I didn't mention that earlier) app v1.9.9.91. My biggest problem with the current app is the slowness of the news, feeds, and popular sections. They always take up to 10 seconds to load. Also, in the feeds section often pictures won't load until I press the three grey dots beneath them. Just a quick suggestion, could you make the refresh, upload, and search buttons visible on the feeds panel? Unlike Crymarse, the tags work perfectly for me even when I don't select any. Can 2.0.0.0 please be the profile update so I can edit my profile and follow private profiles? It would also be nice if follow requests showed up on the news pannel. Thanks!

Unlike Instance, I am only loading those data as you scroll through the pivot. I've tried loading all of them at once, unfortunately the performance is relatively bad on my old HTC Trophy 7.
However I might target specific devices such as 'NOKIA' in future, since they are all running on 1.5GHz snapdragon which won't be an issue.

I'm looking into the picture loading issue... did quite a lot of optimization as you scroll away, because of 256MB memory device such as Lumia 610.

As for profile, yes its coming ;)

an9u.png

---
I am only targeting WP7 for now, since there's Instance for WP8. :smile:

Last edited:

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Video playback support should be coming up today (Not upload however) ;)
As for editing profile, it's still being worked on... I am expecting today too, if there's enough time on my end. In the meantime you can change it at http://Instagram.com

Unlike Instance, I am only loading those data as you scroll through the pivot. I've tried loading all of them at once, unfortunately the performance is relatively bad on my old HTC Trophy 7.
However I might target specific devices such as 'NOKIA' in future, since they are all running on 1.5GHz snapdragon which won't be an issue.

I'm looking into the picture loading issue... did quite a lot of optimization as you scroll away, because of 256MB memory device such as Lumia 610.

As for profile, yes its coming ;)

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/979/an9u.png

---
I am only targeting WP7 for now, since there's Instance for WP8. :smile:

BTW 7.8 is wp7. So I don't know the features of Instance. Anyways, I really like the profile editing features added in the latest beta. The loading also seems much faster too. It still bugs me that I can't follow private users (send a follow request). Video viewing (and possibly uploading later) would be a great feature for this app. Keep up the good work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs