ICQ-the best facebook messenger

Kingsly Eleazer

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I came across ICQ and was surprised to find that it has faceboook integration.
I have tried different facebook messengers- the built-in one(which is good but has stopped showing online contacts),IM+,facebook beta messenger but none as good as ICQ

ICQ is quick,responsive and does'nt heat up the device and drain battery

ICQ also supports Gtalk. Try this app and u would'nt want a better facebook messenger

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/icq/d5200a8a-b0c3-4df5-a150-afb86473e4ef

Peter Juras

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The real problem is that again, ICQ is based on Facebook Chat, not Messages.

That means that you still will miss private messages from facebook, that go directly to your inbox. Not even to mention group chats.
Facebook Messenger for both iOS and Android notify you for every message and blur the lines between chat and inbox messages. If people reply from the Messenger app, it's likely to go directly to your inbox and then won't show up on neither ICQ nor the messaging hub.

It's really frustrating and I hope they will work on this issue. I also hate being "online" all the time, it just portrays a weird picture of oneself and allows for weird messages in the morning ("Hey, you still up?!)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
... If people reply from the Messenger app, it's likely to go directly to your inbox and then won't show up on neither ICQ nor the messaging hub.

Well, my gf is using facebook messenger (android) and I have no problem at all. I receive all her messages ... and all other messages too ...

... and if I want log out for a while, then I have to start first by "Facebook app" or "JDB Facebook" app, until I am online and using ICQ again ... it is just fine with me :)

Just add, it is more important for me, that a such app is not an battery hog ... I prefer just facebook chat instead a full facebook app, some eats my battery quickly ...

Peter Juras

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, my gf is using facebook messenger (android) and I have no problem at all. I receive all her messages ... and all other messages too ...

... and if I want log out for a while, then I have to start first by "Facebook app" or "JDB Facebook" app, until I am online and using ICQ again ... it is just fine with me :)

Just add, it is more important for me, that a such app is not an battery hog ... I prefer just facebook chat instead a full facebook app, some eats my battery quickly ...

I'm really happy for you that it works well, but I have used ICQ myself and I just know that it has the same shortcommings like the other ones :/ But if it's enough for you, then it's perfect =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos