Adding subtitles for videos in WP8??

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nokia Lumia 520. I watch lots of movies and that too with subtitles. Most of the time I watch movies while traveling and so I use my mobile phone for it. I can see that Windows Phone default video player wont support subtitles. So i tried some video converter software like Xilisoft Video Converter to hard-code subtitles into the movie. It works but takes a lot of time like about 2 hours for an movie since it has to re-encode the whole movie to hard-code the subtitles. I am ok with it but is there any faster way or software to add subtitles??? :smile:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There currently no apps which I could find that will play subtitles, the only suggesting is to wait for VLC media player to come out.

ajay 1991

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
windows phone is crap when it comes to very basic things like this...broken notification improper whatsapp which is broken too.what are they trying to do? with just 3%share they r going nowhere just ditch it and get android on board at least u will save yourself and android.

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
There currently no apps which I could find that will play subtitles, the only suggesting is to wait for VLC media player to come out.

For gods sake, keep your mouth shut if you don't know about things. Try out the app moliplayer in the store. It can play almost all sorts of video formats and also subtitles. Just make sure, the subtitles share the same name as the video file or it won't detect it. Use Files app to rename yout subtitles if needed.

crazy_cherry

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem and this is the solution CCplayer You can take it from your phone store for free. It works like this - the movie and the subs have to be with identical names then you put them from the computer to the phone. When you have already installed CCplayer on your phone you go there and click on AddFiles and add the folder with the movie you want to watch. At first place it will say EMPTYFOLDER but don't panic just add it. :excited::excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon