Text Directions In Here Drive?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Using Here Drive for the first time and can't seem to be able to find any text driving directions. Am I missing something? I get great graphics, but no text.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no text directions apparently in Drive....but if you use Nokia 'HERE Maps' first and use search for your destination, then you can get text directions and easily initiate the Nokia 'HERE Drive Beta' voice commands from there. So, yeah an extra step but you can get text directions that way. The Nokia 'HERE Drive'/Nokia 'HERE Maps'/Nokia 'HERE Transit' apps are all integrated to easily use with one another.

Hope this helps.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Just want to add that if you just want text directions and don't want or need voice commands...then Bing 'Maps' or 'gMaps' are also available for text directions and work well in that usage.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This drives me nuts in Here Drive, and is one of the four or so missing features that mean I can't use it as my Navigation app. The other really big issue is the way it completely overrides all audio when giving directions... you can't hear what is being said in a Podcast, for example. It needs to just play over the background audio, and the volume mix should be user controllable so one or the other is more important and easily heard. Maddening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss