07-04-2013 02:52 PM
68 123
tools
    06-17-2013 08:28 AM
    Agreed. Android users are known for being stingy though. I've heard that that's why Angry Birds is free on Android but paid on iOS & WP. I tend to go with free apps if they'll do the job, but I use all 3 OS's. If I bought a lot of apps on all 3, the amount I spend would become noticeable!
    I have had Android since the T-Mobile G1 and the 1.0 OS up to 4.1.

I was with Android for a LONG time and I have bought MANY apps as well as used Free. For as long as I have had Android, I have already spent more money on WP8 apps that I ever did on Android. It just seems the overall quality and polish of the apps on WP are far better than those on Android, at least, to me they seem to be. I have been more receptive in paying for apps on WP8 than I ever was on Android. I don't know why, but that is the way it is I guess. :D

Now, as for this app, I agree with others in the fact that this app is worth way more, but I am glad I bought it.
    rdubmu and Kevin Rush like this.
    06-17-2013 10:30 AM
    I have had Android since the T-Mobile G1 and the 1.0 OS up to 4.1.

I was with Android for a LONG time and I have bought MANY apps as well as used Free. For as long as I have had Android, I have already spent more money on WP8 apps that I ever did on Android. It just seems the overall quality and polish of the apps on WP are far better than those on Android, at least, to me they seem to be. I have been more receptive in paying for apps on WP8 than I ever was on Android. I don't know why, but that is the way it is I guess. :D

Now, as for this app, I agree with others in the fact that this app is worth way more, but I am glad I bought it.
    It has to be peer pressure the reason you spend more on WP being in Redmond Wa. On the Eastside, from Sammamish to Kirkland, I see a ton of Lumia 920's.
    06-17-2013 08:18 PM
    Well, I have the app and use it occasionally (and I do not click on ads)! I have not, and will not purchase it until I can 'like' forum comments from the app.

So, it is not about the money for me - I can afford it; but there is one simple function that I want from the app above all other functionality that this app offers - to 'Like' comments, not solely 'Thank' comments, from the app.
    rdubmu and Kevin Rush like this.
    06-17-2013 08:53 PM
    Well, I have the app and use it occasionally (and I do not click on ads)! I have not, and will not purchase it until I can 'like' forum comments from the app.

So, it is not about the money for me - I can afford it; but there is one simple function that I want from the app above all other functionality that this app offers - to 'Like' comments, not solely 'Thank' comments, from the app.
    Have you emailed Jay asking to add the "like" function in the app?
    06-18-2013 05:23 AM
    Have you emailed Jay asking to add the "like" function in the app?
    I believe Jay has already covered why this isn't possible.
    06-18-2013 06:11 AM
    At least this isn't a weather app. I could never bring myself to pay for one of those. And I'm sorry guys, but if it comes down to needing to eat a burger, or wanting to buy an app, I gotta eat.
    06-18-2013 07:00 AM
    I believe Jay has already covered why this isn't possible.
    I just assumed he already did, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation.
    06-18-2013 10:34 AM
    $0.99 cents does not justify the amount of effort put into updating this amazing app.
    06-18-2013 11:15 AM
    Yeah the tapatalk api spits back an error whenever I try to implement that function. But it's good to know that said function is worth so much for people :)
    abel920 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-18-2013 12:36 PM
    Yep, the trial version is free and will never expire. We just give you the option to pay to remove ads and unlock premium features that are only possible with a native app. Plus, I put a lot of work into it and continually update with fixes, improvements and new features.

I don't think anyone would say they regret the cost of the app
    Thanks for the work you did / do on the WP Central app. It is great and one of my favorites.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-18-2013 02:09 PM
    I just recently bought it & it was the first app I bought from wp store. I never bought anything from the store before because I couldnt make any purchase other than having my CC number added into my phone (something i try to avoid at all cost). So when I heard the news that telkomsel, carrier i use in Indonesia, said that their wp users can make purchase through their post-paid/pre-paid card...buying wpcentral app is the 1st thing come to mind. 2nd one was Instance (no pun).

Having said that, first world developers should consider more reasonable pricing if they want their apps to be accesible by many people in Asia. 99 cents probably nothing for you guys, but it will cost lunch + dinner money here in Indonesia.
    Lemme get this straight ... you spent several hundred dollars on an electronic device, and now are bemoaning a high-quality $0.99 app because otherwise you will have to skip lunch+dinner?
    06-18-2013 02:12 PM
    This is the best app on the wp8 market. Price is a freaking bargain. Always something to read every day and its usually good stuff to.
    hopmedic and Kevin Rush like this.
    06-18-2013 03:05 PM
    ...and now are bemoaning a high-quality $0.99 app because otherwise you will have to skip lunch+dinner?
    Nah, the person won't even have to skip lunch and dinner. They just don't think the app is worth the price of two cheeseburgers. If they were at the point of having to skip lunch+dinner, they wouldn't have a smartphone. Smartphones are luxury items. You can live perfectly well without one, and many do, including over 40% of the people in 1st world countries.
    06-18-2013 03:11 PM
    I'm going to close this thread since OP question was answered and the topic doesn't further the WPC community,
    06-18-2013 04:13 PM
    I recently downloaded the Android Central app for my Nexus 7. Was suprised to see it free considering we are charged for the WP app. No obvious difference in the app quality. What's the reason WP users are charged but not android. If I'm correct both sites share the same owner.
    07-04-2013 07:03 AM
    Hi mate, it's because Jay Bennett does not work for mobile nations.

Therefore, WP Central costs little money. Also this app is always updated on a regular basis -- I personally think Jay does a brilliant job, to say he has a full-time job elsewhere.
    07-04-2013 07:10 AM
    I recently downloaded the Android Central app for my Nexus 7. Was suprised to see it free considering we are charged for the WP app. No obvious difference in the app quality. What's the reason WP users are charged but not android. If I'm correct both sites share the same owner.
    let's just say that someone set the standard for the other mobile nations apps... Windows Phone got it first this time ;)
    Muessig, MSFTisMIA and IrRevd like this.
    07-04-2013 02:52 PM
68 123