Why wpcentral app for windows is not free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the trial version is free and will never expire. We just give you the option to pay to remove ads and unlock premium features that are only possible with a native app. Plus, I put a lot of work into it and continually update with fixes, improvements and new features.

I don't think anyone would say they regret the cost of the app
it is by far my most used app. It is also given me the most bang for my buck in terms of finding new apps, and reading up on Windows Phone news. This is one benefit for people to own windowsphone and I would suggest all to download and pay for the premium version if you can afford it.

I also agree with the poster above about how we should never treat a developer as a charity. If the App is good enough people will buy it. I think that WPcentral should increase the price. It is easily a $4.99 app, and it still gives me much more value than that.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I also agree with the poster above about how we should never treat a developer as a charity. If the App is good enough people will buy it.

Agreed. Android users are known for being stingy though. I've heard that that's why Angry Birds is free on Android but paid on iOS & WP. I tend to go with free apps if they'll do the job, but I use all 3 OS's. If I bought a lot of apps on all 3, the amount I spend would become noticeable!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Android users are known for being stingy though. I've heard that that's why Angry Birds is free on Android but paid on iOS & WP. I tend to go with free apps if they'll do the job, but I use all 3 OS's. If I bought a lot of apps on all 3, the amount I spend would become noticeable!

I agree with you, I think most of us really rather get the free apps, but apps that are great like the WPCentral App are worth every penny.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
i think op is a child and dosent have a credit card. hey i am an Indian too and you cant get 3 burger any were at 1 $ at least not in India. and about droid games they are add supported. there will be sooooo many adds that will destroy your gaming also premium or add free version of angry bird cost 1.99$ which is twice price that we get

coldestsplash

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Bullshyt, you bought a Lumia 820 at $400/24k inr but can't pay $1 for an app? doesn't matter how much your lunch costs but since you can afford a smartphone, you can also afford to spend some money on apps which developers deserve.

Let me explain, Food is very cheap in India as its a developing country, developed countries have much higher priced food, rent, healthcare due to higher wages etc..
He is exaggerating a bit, you get 2 veg burgers for $1 in India but most of the population(99%) eats local Indian food everyday and not the burgers,pasta,pizza etc. You can have local food lunch at $1 at small places or can spend as much as you want at expensive restaurants too if you have the budget.

But all this doesn't mean that people can't spend on apps, someone who can afford a smartphone worth $200-$700 can easily afford to pay for apps. It is the thinking that has to change not the prices of apps. For example: My friend who owns an Audi A6 which costs $100k in India due to high taxes etc refuses to buy any app and prefers free version instead of paying $1. So, the mentality has to change and people educated that an app takes hardwork and time to make and deserves the money of the users.

I'm also from India and i very much agree with you.

coldestsplash

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i think op is a child and dosent have a credit card. hey i am an Indian too and you cant get 3 burger any were at 1 $ at least not in India. and about droid games they are add supported. there will be sooooo many adds that will destroy your gaming also premium or add free version of angry bird cost 1.99$ which is twice price that we get

I agree, we can get 1 burger for 1$ but not 3 for sure, atleast not at places like mcdonalds, yeah you can get the indian version of burger i.e. vadapav but not burgers

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree, we can get 1 burger for 1$ but not 3 for sure, atleast not at places like mcdonalds, yeah you can get the indian version of burger i.e. vadapav but not burgers

Here in the United States, you can buy a McDonald's Burger for $1 , not a big mac or the new quarter pounder burgers, but the McDouble, or Cheeseburger. A regular Hamburger is less than $1
It sounds like the you guys get it for about the same.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I have had Android since the T-Mobile G1 and the 1.0 OS up to 4.1.

I was with Android for a LONG time and I have bought MANY apps as well as used Free. For as long as I have had Android, I have already spent more money on WP8 apps that I ever did on Android. It just seems the overall quality and polish of the apps on WP are far better than those on Android, at least, to me they seem to be. I have been more receptive in paying for apps on WP8 than I ever was on Android. I don't know why, but that is the way it is I guess. :D

Now, as for this app, I agree with others in the fact that this app is worth way more, but I am glad I bought it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had Android since the T-Mobile G1 and the 1.0 OS up to 4.1.

I was with Android for a LONG time and I have bought MANY apps as well as used Free. For as long as I have had Android, I have already spent more money on WP8 apps that I ever did on Android. It just seems the overall quality and polish of the apps on WP are far better than those on Android, at least, to me they seem to be. I have been more receptive in paying for apps on WP8 than I ever was on Android. I don't know why, but that is the way it is I guess. :D

Now, as for this app, I agree with others in the fact that this app is worth way more, but I am glad I bought it.

It has to be peer pressure the reason you spend more on WP being in Redmond Wa. :winktongue: On the Eastside, from Sammamish to Kirkland, I see a ton of Lumia 920's.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the app and use it occasionally (and I do not click on ads)! I have not, and will not purchase it until I can 'like' forum comments from the app.

So, it is not about the money for me - I can afford it; but there is one simple function that I want from the app above all other functionality that this app offers - to 'Like' comments, not solely 'Thank' comments, from the app.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have the app and use it occasionally (and I do not click on ads)! I have not, and will not purchase it until I can 'like' forum comments from the app.

So, it is not about the money for me - I can afford it; but there is one simple function that I want from the app above all other functionality that this app offers - to 'Like' comments, not solely 'Thank' comments, from the app.

Have you emailed Jay asking to add the "like" function in the app?

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
At least this isn't a weather app. I could never bring myself to pay for one of those. And I'm sorry guys, but if it comes down to needing to eat a burger, or wanting to buy an app, I gotta eat.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the tapatalk api spits back an error whenever I try to implement that function. But it's good to know that said function is worth so much for people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb