Weather Flow live tile issue

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Amazing Weather HD for a while now but I decided to jump on Weather Flow when it went on sale. Immediately I really liked the live tile and decided I would use it, and use Amazing Weather HD for detailed weather information (since Weather Flow is lacking here) and for the lock screen. First I decided to compare the two live tiles, double wide and really see which one I preferred. After a few days, I found I liked the images better on Weather Flow’s live tile, but I was missing the chance of rain percentage. I figured I would just go into Amazing Wehater HD’s app to get that additional information.

Unfortunately, I have found that the live tile for Weather Flow doesn’t seem to show the correct temperature very often. For example, I just looked at my phone and I still have both live tiles going, updating every hour. The time on my phone is 12:32 and Weather Flow’s live tile shows it was updated at 12:28 with a temperature of 78 degrees. Amazing Weather HD’s tile showed 70 degrees. I figured that Amazing Weather just hasn’t updated the live tile yet, but that is a huge difference. When the live tile flips on Amazing Weather, I see that it just updated about 10 minutes ago. So I open up Weather Flow and after it refreshes it shows the temperature at 69 degrees! How can this be when the live tile just updated 4 minutes ago showing a temperature of 78 degrees?

This has happened repeatedly over the past few days and I am not sure why. I don’t know if others are just not noticing this or if there is some issue with the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but that did not fix it.

Weather Underground's website showed a temperature of 69.5.

I am surprised this highly rated weather app is acting this way. Anyone have ideas?

wp_ss_20130617_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130617_0002.jpg

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Weather Flow has never been the most accurate weather app out there. Its been the issue with it and several others including and especially Amazing Weather HD for a long time. Not that you don't already know this but what they show as current weather depends on where they grab weather data. Vieather for instance grabs its weather from Weather Underground Inc. Same goes for Weather Flow.

Amazing Weather as it turns out uses wunderground.com and it gets a good share of its weather data from personal weather stations that individuals setup at their homes. Its probably cheaper than licensing Yahoo, Google or Weather Channel data. But then you get what you get from weather apps like Amazing Weather. I've seen swings between 9 and 17 degrees in some cases.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I myself have had similar issues. Tried to contact the app developers, shot them a mail, but yet to receive any response from them.
wp_ss_20130528_0005.pngwp_ss_20130528_0006.png

Trying out Amazing Weather HD at the moment. Problem is, there is probably no other weather app as beautifully designed as WeatherFlow. Even AW HD fails in comparison, simply in terms of looks.

Anybody got any suggestions for a similar app?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130528_0004.png
    wp_ss_20130528_0004.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 5

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I myself have had similar issues. Tried to contact the app developers, shot them a mail, but yet to receive any response from them.
View attachment 35913View attachment 35914

Trying out Amazing Weather HD at the moment. Problem is, there is probably no other weather app as beautifully designed as WeatherFlow. Even AW HD fails in comparison, simply in terms of looks.

Anybody got any suggestions for a similar app?

You probably won't. I sent them several really nice and professional emails and they simply don't respond to em. Some developers are in seclusion like that I suppose. If looks is all you're after then this is as good as any "good looking" app.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't received a response either from the developers. I also thought they used the same service, WeatherUnderground, as at first glance I thought wunderground.com was WeatherUnderground.

The main issue I am having is that when the live tile shows it updates it displays the incorrect temp. It's not just because it doesn't match other apps, it doesn't match it's own app. It simply doesn't work correctly. I am not sure where it gets it's "update" but it doesn't seem to get it from it's own app. When I open the app the temp is different even though the live tile just updated.

This applies to location as well. I can be in a differnt city, the live tile will update, but my city will not change.

I am suprised at this because I do not have this issue with Amazing Weather. It always updates the live tile matching the temp inside the app. It also always updates to the city I am in. I assumed Weather Flow, with it's amazing ratings would operate the same. I really do like the wide tile on Weather Flow, but for accuracy it is pointless. It's really too bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos