Nokia "weather and calendar" app thoughts

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
So I recently bought a DT-910 charging stand and have been playing with the default "weather and calender" app. It's a great idea but I just need to have a small rant...

The brightness can be adjusted by swiping up and down on the screen but even at the lowest setting the ****ing soft keys are still lit at full power, it sort of defeats the purpose Nokia! Also, whilst my vision isn't great, I doubt anyone can read the miniscule temperature display that's given from any distance that isn't right in front of them. I've sent some feedback to Nokia, so I can only hope they do something to make the app spot on

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty barebones, but I find it sufficient for at work. It's docked next to my computer.

Never noticed that the backlit keys stay backlit. I wouldn't say it "defeats the purpose" as the purpose is to provide minimal data in a screen saver format, which the app still does.

The one thing I have found frustrating about it in the past is that it sometimes pulls calendar data from a calendar other than the main one I think. It was in the habit of displaying birthdays from what I can only assume was Facebook, despite not having them displayed in my Calendar. Not sure if it does that any more, however.

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Never noticed that the backlit keys stay backlit. I wouldn't say it "defeats the purpose" as the purpose is to provide minimal data in a screen saver format, which the app still does.

I should probably qualify that I meant defeats the purpose of being able to dim the screen. I use it as my clock in bed at night and sometimes those bright keys can be really annoying.

Would also be nice if it had icons for missed calls and messages

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99