I tried a search without success here and in the Store. Is there an app which is solely a B&W camera app? i.e you open the app and it will just take photo's in B&W without you having to go through various menu's to get there?
    06-20-2013 02:13 AM
    I don't think there is but I highly recommend the App Instance. It has filters on them and works great.

Instance | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Instance | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    06-20-2013 11:13 AM
    Sameless self-promotion: ProShot | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

There is a black and white mode, and you can even adjust the contrast in real-time. It automatically saves your settings and you can pin modes to your start screen, so you can always have black and white mode available with one click :)
    06-20-2013 11:40 AM
    I have to say that ProShot is an incredible programme, however for a flunkie like me it appears to be really complicated. For example I personally don't know when to adjust 3/4 of the stuff on there that has sliders or switches. Also I had a problem with taking B&W photographs with it as it was only giving me a white photo as a result - it was fine in colour mode, but I have resolved this with removing the app and reinstalling it last night.
    I was kind of hoping for something a little simpler than ProShot, but I can work with it. A really good set of info on what all the settings can do and mean as a photographer would be useful I guess for me to make more of the app.
    06-21-2013 07:03 AM
    I have to say that ProShot is an incredible programme, however for a flunkie like me it appears to be really complicated. For example I personally don't know when to adjust 3/4 of the stuff on there that has sliders or switches. Also I had a problem with taking B&W photographs with it as it was only giving me a white photo as a result - it was fine in colour mode, but I have resolved this with removing the app and reinstalling it last night.
    I was kind of hoping for something a little simpler than ProShot, but I can work with it. A really good set of info on what all the settings can do and mean as a photographer would be useful I guess for me to make more of the app.
    ProShot doesn't have to be overwhelming, its Auto mode functions exactly like the default camera.
    Just select Auto mode, go to IMG panel, select black and white, pin auto to your start screen, and you're good to go :)
    Chris_Kez likes this.
    06-21-2013 12:37 PM