Anyone completely disgusted by the new wpcentral ads ?

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I know wpcentral guys will basically tell me to **** off and buy the app, but can you guys at least not show ads of semi nude girls, i cant even check wpcentral with people around.

Would never have updated if i knew this was the case.

http://i.imgur.com/dOHETIL.jpg

I know i have no say in this matter, but just wanted to get this off my chest as wpcentral USED to be the best app i had ever downloaded.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want anything semi-nude, then why get anything "off your chest?"
rs.jpg

All jokes aside, your argument is valid, and would probably be taken seriously if you contact the wpc team directly. Especially if it's a religious reason.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I know wpcentral guys will basically tell me to **** off and buy the app, but can you guys at least not show ads of semi nude girls, i cant even check wpcentral with people around.

I know i have no say in this matter, but just wanted to get this off my chest as wpcentral USED to be the best app i had ever downloaded.

They use ad choice so it means the cookies in the computer suggest you enjoy half naked ladies :)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Bashbaliga, the adverts are provided from the Nokia ad exchange, and I was not aware that these adverts were being sent. As mentioned I don't have direct control but if you could provide me with your region I'll try and work out which network is providing these ads and see if I can have them blocked.

Again, as mentioned previously, if you'd got in touch with me about this I would have been happy to do what I can

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just as a follow up by the way, the ads that are served are completely generic because I chose not to include any personal information about users. It is possible to include age and gender but we don't gather that information from you.

Another option would be to use geolocation and send that information to the ad networks. In return the revenue is higher and it might also stop these ads from coming through to regions which would find them more offensive, but I felt that it wasn't necessary to send this kind of information about my users when all I'm trying to do is set up a revenue stream from users who chose to use the free version of the app.

Side note: the last provider, AdDuplex, doesn't make money for apps that use it, just exposure through advertising apps.

Regardless, please provide me your region at the earliest convenience so that I can report this to Nokia ad Exchange and try to do something about it.

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to complain !!! I also am getting Sesame Street!! How do I get on the list to get half naked girls????

Edit: I see this is completely random, I guess I will have to get off my *** and buy the app (honest it was on my todo list). Half naked ladies is one thing but I can not allow the Sesame Street thing to continue. :smile:

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

What if the ads displayed relate on content, you recently consumed on your phone :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb