Does Speed alert on here drive + work well?

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Does the speed alert feature (beep when traveling over a preset speed over the actual speed limit in the area) really work well ? I can't find anything similar on either GPS devices (except ones that detect radar so are illegal where I live), android, or ios. The android and ios apps didn't beep based on the actual speed limit in the area. They beeped when you drove over a speed limit you set yourself which is no help to me at all since it's easiest to speed at speed change locations.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, does it work in Windows 7.5 as well? I'm thinking about buying an older phone unless you guys see some flaw in that (maybe battery drains so quickly newer phone is better).

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Buy a WP8 if you can afford to. It will be a lot better for you for the next couple years.

It is darn close to telling you how fast you are going. I wouldn't trust any GPS to tell you the posted speed limit.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I think its pretty accurate...always helpful to have an app that knows what the speed limit is based on the route or location , even my friends who are hardcore android fans appreciate this feature on HERE maps

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is my favorite feature, I have it sound an alarm when I go X mph over the speed limit. You can set this to whatever you want, or disable it and an actual speed limit sign still displays on the app and along side it, your current speed. Great Feature in an otherwise simple navigation app.
Of course it doesn't know every change in posted speed limits, but it has a very large database and is consistently correct most of the time.

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot everyone. Yeah, I'm definitely getting a windows phone now - no other feature can compare on android or ios. The app could have bought me a car over my lifetime if it had been invented earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720