HERE Maps? Friggen awesome. What do you think?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Today I had a moment where I impressed my brother with Nokia's offline mapping that works really well. I was also showing him, without internet, that it could still find stores with livesight! It was glorious because his Galaxy Nexus can't do this. Once you have no data, you can't search, or anything. You can just find out where you are... Wooptydoo. Although, sometimes, when im indoors (or out) it has a hard time finding me for the first few minutes, especially while standing. But once im up and about (I.e. In a moving car) it finds me and works beautifully again!

What do you think? Had any glorious moments such as this? Please do share :D

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Ahh! This takes me back to when I too a wrong turn and hot lost. My friend with his iPhone 5, tried to use it for navigation so I told him lets see which is better. I took out my 920 turn of my data and turns on here drive. My was all, you won't get a signal without data. I just told him to just wait and see. 5 seconds I got my location.

I used the direction haven ny hear drive, I assume it knew about the traffic jam and took the long route using residential roads.

My friends iPhone 5 totally got lost and did not know where it was going, as for my Nokia it lead me to my location with out even having to recalculate.

That's how awesome and detailed the hear maps are.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahh! This takes me back to when I too a wrong turn and hot lost. My friend with his iPhone 5, tried to use it for navigation so I told him lets see which is better. I took out my 920 turn of my data and turns on here drive. My was all, you won't get a signal without data. I just told him to just wait and see. 5 seconds I got my location.

I used the direction haven ny hear drive, I assume it knew about the traffic jam and took the long route using residential roads.

My friends iPhone 5 totally got lost and did not know where it was going, as for my Nokia it lead me to my location with out even having to recalculate.

That's how awesome and detailed the hear maps are.

Oh, the sweet sweet glory. Hahahaha. I love Nokia for making it available on all windows phone. Biggest plus windows phone has by FAR!
KEEP EM COMIN'! ;)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My favour app during my holidays ... by the way, it took just few seconds to catch GPS anywhere in Philippines (outside) and it was without data/roaming/internet connection ... a great help to know own location at any time or just check that my taxi is on a right way :)

By the way, try Geophoto app (photos located by geotags on Nokia offline maps): GeoPhoto | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting stuff guys :) keep up. These stories entertain me haha. I'm guess though trekking maps will start to show soon, seeing as it is still technically in beta. A damn good one I might add lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234