newbie question

angieberry10

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I've owned BlackBerry Curve, DROID, iPhone 4s, and now BlackBerry z10. I don't want to go back to apple or android and i love my BlackBerry but the lack of apps is awful. So, how are the native apps for FB and Twitter on the windows phone? Also do yall have Page Manager for FB, Words with Friends and a decent weather app?

I have a new laptop with Windows 8 so I figure sharing files is possible?

Thanks yall for any help, Ang

Ps..i know i can search for this but I'm lazy

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The official fb and twitter apps used to really suck tbh, but in recent updates both have gotten really good. Facebook still has a couple minor issues but sees a lot of updates, so these things might even be worked out by the time you decide on a WP8 device. Twitter is a really polished and fairly feature-filled app, but imo a better experience can still be found on third party apps like Gleek!, Mehdoh and Rowi. I haven't upgraded to Windows 8 yet so I can't really comment on the file sharing issue...

I really like the flick concept in the bb10 keyboard. So much, in fact, that I'd like MS to buy BB just to bring this feature. :)

At any rate, coming from your device background WP has a different philosophy and execution of the smartphone in general. The only way to know if you like it is to try it. To that end, if your carrier has a two week or longer trial/return policy (mine unfortunately does not) I recommend using it to check things out and make the WP your daily driver for that period. Alternately, consider picking up an inexpensive device like the Nokia Lumia 520, which can be found unlocked for around $150, just to learn the software. Bear in mind, of course, that the experience will be faster, smoother, etc on a high end device. After using Windows Phone since 2011 with my HTC HD7 (hated the phone, LOVED the software) I can honestly say I could never use Android, BB, IOS etc. WP is for me for life. Is it perfect? GOD NO! But for my money it's the best mobile OS available.

angieberry10

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you rocker! I love my BlackBerry but i wonder if the apps will come and i dont want to sideload...so I'm feeling around and appreciate your point of view.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to Windows Phone from Android and I am enjoying the change. Of course I did a lot of research ahead of time to be sure it would meet my needs. I have the 521 (US version of the 520) and it is definitely zippy and smooth though I was on Android 2.3. The default People app works well enough for me to check Twitter and Facebook, but that may not be the case for all. I watched videos of the device to help me make my decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa