The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Now take this with several pinches of salt, just had this web chat with a O2 Guru from the tech dept, I've been with O2 for a number of years and the tech department I found to be very knowledgeable.. I didn't notice the last response before I ended the chat, Sorry Todd!.

"info: Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon.
    info: You're through to Guru Guru : Todd.
    Guru : Todd: Hi I'm Guru : Todd. How can I help?
    Me: Hello Todd, just a quick question I since the O2wifi app has been launched for android and iphone, do you know if there is a windows phone app in the pipeline?
    Guru : Todd: Yes.
    Guru : Todd: it is in the pipeline.
    Me: thank you, do you know when it may be released?
    Guru : Todd: But we do not have any update on when it will be released.
    Me: any rough idea i.e this year, next year?
    Guru : Todd: As soon as it is released we will let all customer's know about it by updating it in our web-site.
    Guru : Todd: And let our customer's know about it by texting them.
    Me: Okay thank you, last question I presume there will be download limit to 4g contracts will that be the same as current contracts i.e max will be 2gb?
    Guru : Todd: Sorry, we did not get any update on the download limit as yet.
    Me: thats not a problem, thank you for time and have a good evening.
    Guru : Todd: You're welcome.
    info: We'll email a copy of your chat transcript to [Email Removed]
    Guru : Todd: Give me a moment, I'll help you with the link containing all the updates about 4G."

Personally I think its a given since you do have BT app which was supposed to allow O2 customers use their hotspots but i never ever got it to work and BT support.. well lets just say I found to be very very woeful (and that is being polite) on not just one occasion but on all instances where I had to deal with them. Hence even if they were the only one supporting Fibre in my area (which should be since i'm 5 minutes away from the bloody exchange lol) I would not go back to them.

Anyway what do you guys think?
    06-30-2013 04:39 PM
    There was a thread started Friday about the O2 app from the developer himself asking for O2 customers to sign up for the beta. Cant link it as im on mobile but have a look for it
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    06-30-2013 04:45 PM
    oh right thanks, I did search via forum search using search terms "O2 wi fi" before posting but it didn't come up will have a look again.

Edit: Found it link is if anyone else is looking:http://forums.windowscentral.com/dev...nt-lab-o2.html.

Mods please close thread, thanks.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 06-30-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Found Link and added.
    06-30-2013 06:20 PM
    Ah, the nostalgia... closing my own threads lol.
    11-11-2015 09:16 PM