Returning to Twitter feed (or app) after viewing a Vine?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't able to get back to my Twitter feed (or the Twitter app at all) after viewing a vine link. I'm using the official Twitter app on a Lumia 920. I had clicked the vine link in a tweet and it took me to an IE link on vine.co where I was able to play the vine.
After watching it I clicked on the Back button and it just refreshed the same vine.co link. I tried clicking the Back button quickly many times but it just cycled through a black screen that said "Resuming..." or "Loading...". If I used a long press on the Back button to bring up active apps I could swipe over to the Twitter app (it showed the tweet I was looking at) but as soon as the app opened it immediately jumped to the IE link.
I finally had to shut down the phone to restart Twitter.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem nearly everytime it takes me to IE to view a vine. Usually it plays within the app, but on the times it won't, this problem will always occur. Soft reset does nothing to prevent it from happening again.

I also have another problem with this app. About 90% of the time that I click on an external link and then close that tab, it closes the twitter app as well. Not sure why, but its been driving me batty! But IE has always been unstable on my 920. Sometimes my back button won't work at all in IE. These same exact things also happen to my girlfriend's 920. So it's something that needs to be looked into.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem nearly everytime it takes me to IE to view a vine. Usually it plays within the app, but on the times it won't, this problem will always occur. Soft reset does nothing to prevent it from happening again.

I also have another problem with this app. About 90% of the time that I click on an external link and then close that tab, it closes the twitter app as well. Not sure why, but its been driving me batty! But IE has always been unstable on my 920. Sometimes my back button won't work at all in IE. These same exact things also happen to my girlfriend's 920. So it's something that needs to be looked into.

I've faced both problems. Twitter closing directly has been occurring a lot and is extremely frustrating

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this happen with IE in several instances, not just when viewing a Vine. Sometimes IE just gets hung up on something and you need to keep pressing Back at high speed to escape. Frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss