09-21-2016 07:24 PM
91 1234
tools
    Sorry to necro the thread, but I am curious if anything has been done about getting WP8 a music player that isn't ridiculously low-tech.
    Basically, does it still look like this?
    Right now i'm trying Music Player Pro that Sistog advised a few posts ago and i really love the graphic.

Hi, i'm the developer of Music Player Pro. Why don't you give it a try?
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...layer-pro.html
    It can not make new playlist and sometimes there is a banner over the album art but i like it, it's really fast..
    10-02-2013 07:38 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that if you try to play a very large playlist (e.g. thousands of songs) using the built-in music hub player as well as other players like Music Player Pro and Listen, the phone freezes for some length of time, depending on the size of the playlist. Problem is, you can't get to the shuffle button until the phone unfreezes and the album view comes up. Nokia Music is the only app I've found that a) doesn't freeze on a very large playlist, and b) allows you to start the playlist with a "shuffle all" button. Does anyone know of any others?
    Benjamin Braddock likes this.
    10-02-2013 03:55 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that if you try to play a very large playlist (e.g. thousands of songs) using the built-in music hub player as well as other players like Music Player Pro and Listen, the phone freezes for some length of time, depending on the size of the playlist. Problem is, you can't get to the shuffle button until the phone unfreezes and the album view comes up. Nokia Music is the only app I've found that a) doesn't freeze on a very large playlist, and b) allows you to start the playlist with a "shuffle all" button. Does anyone know of any others?
    We have just sent an update of the Music Player Pro (2.0.4.0) which should make shuffle the playlist before play it in order to have a workaround to the problem. Let us know how it goes.
    10-04-2013 02:02 PM
    download the app MPATool for free and it will fix any album art problems you have! super easy and fast. you'll love it!
    10-08-2013 06:22 PM
    We have just sent an update of the Music Player Pro (2.0.4.0) which should make shuffle the playlist before play it in order to have a workaround to the problem. Let us know how it goes.
    I just got the new update, but I don't see where I can start the playlist on shuffle.
    10-10-2013 09:13 AM
    if the shuffle is active in Music Player Pro, the playlist should start randomly. otherwise should start from the first item in the playlist.
    10-11-2013 03:33 AM
    I dunno whether liking your complaint shows that I too know about it, or shows sadness at the music player's implementation. But yes I hardly got around 700 songs in my phone and it freezes for a second or two while it.

Goddamn it, my friends iphone4 loads around 5000 songs spontaneously.

I feel sad.
    10-11-2013 05:20 AM
    if the shuffle is active in Music Player Pro, the playlist should start randomly. otherwise should start from the first item in the playlist.
    My playlists are always starting at song 1 even when shuffle is turned on. Further, if you turn it off somewhere else, like to listen to a different playlist in order, you're back to the same problem. I just found an app called musicPlayer 8 that gets it almost right. It allows you to open the playlist without starting it, turn on shuffle and scroll down to something other than the first song before hitting the play button. It still freezes, but at least I'm not always stuck listening to the first 40 seconds of "Hells Bells". What a way to ruin a great song. If it could shuffle the first song by itself, it would be as close to perfect as you can get right now.

I dunno whether liking your complaint shows that I too know about it, or shows sadness at the music player's implementation. But yes I hardly got around 700 songs in my phone and it freezes for a second or two while it.
    You should try a playlist with thousands of songs, or just playing all songs with a large library. It freezes there too. 4500 songs is about a 37 second freeze on my Lumia 822. And it's not just Music Player Pro. All music apps including the Music & Videos hub exhibit the same freezing behavior with the exception of Nokia Music. Problem is, I just want to listen to my music library. I don't want all that other stuff in Nokia Music. It wouldn't be so bad if I could have it start up in my library or at least at the screen that has the My Music link, but those options aren't available.
    10-11-2013 09:47 AM
    I think this is the best app so far for Win Phone
    Extreme Music
    Extreme Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    11-02-2013 09:01 AM
    Does ZUNE on Windows Phone 7, have these issues? I would like to know. Thank you.
    11-02-2013 09:26 AM
    god i only wanted my windows phone so i could have more music and i regret my decision so much. it would be a perfect phone if it just had a good music player. i would spend ten dollars on a good one! i dont care!! i just want my album art!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    11-06-2013 07:42 PM
    Extreme Music is awful by the way.
    11-06-2013 07:43 PM
    Is anyone up for playing flac & ape without having to transcode first? MoliPlayer does that as well as playing a variety of video formats like mkv, rmvb & flv. Sneak preview is here MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). Please note it will go live on Nov. 8.
    headphoneus likes this.
    11-07-2013 02:02 AM
    hey check out TTPod player
    TingleBytes
    12-02-2013 04:17 PM
    guys check out the best music players for windows phones 2013
    TingleBytes
    12-02-2013 04:18 PM
    TingleBytes
    best music players 2013 for windows phones
    12-02-2013 04:19 PM
    Try music player called Musico. It's really swift, simple and has much more beautiful design that the other ones..
    Musico | Windows Phone Store – aplikace+hry (Česká republika)
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    01-24-2014 08:24 PM
    Yet another area where WP8 seems primitive.
    01-24-2014 08:42 PM
    Sorry to necro the thread, but I am curious if anything has been done about getting WP8 a music player that isn't ridiculously low-tech.

Basically, does it still look like this?
    Yes, it does. No improvement whatsoever and what bums me out most is the little pause between tracks (it's not even a second). Apple gets it done, why not MS? I love listening to albums where the tracks are connected (like Linkin Park's Meteora or Lost Prophets' Start something) and it completely ruins it for me with those little pauses. Like I said, not even a second but for me it's really annoying.

Also it looks really boring. Okay, it's for playing music, not for it's beauty, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a little makeover (the Zune UI looked wonderful, why not just take it and implement it into the WP's stock music app?).
    01-24-2014 10:36 PM
    It's because of really limited API for that kind of apps. Hope it will get better in next version of WP
    01-25-2014 11:25 AM
    Lol yes , it still does look like that and am of the view that the OS doesn't support a fully independent music player. All music players around are skins fro the OS built in music engine. That's why they all perform the same. So fingers crossed for 8.1.
    02-26-2014 12:17 PM
    06-05-2014 12:08 PM
    Nokia Music is not good. I'm not sure why, but the default players that come on these phones sounds like somebody ran over the music with a truck! Anyway, I got PowerAmp for Android and it's perfection in every way, comes with an equalizer, you name it. I am switching to a Windows phone though and am afraid I might have to buy an MP3 player now. This is concerning that there is no good audio player available, even if we're willing to pay!
    06-26-2014 10:37 AM
    Not true. Some Windows phones (such as the Nokia Lumia 5XX series) do not have the equalizer option.

I would also add that audiophiles want to hear good music. Forget arranging album art. I just can't understand why it's so hard in 2014 to put something so simple into a phone. 15 years ago the iPod had all this down. Why can't Windows catch up?!?!?!
    06-26-2014 10:41 AM
    06-26-2014 10:48 AM
91 1234