Flixster just updated their blackberry 10 app to include ultraviolet streaming before they brought it to their windows phone app. I don't understand the logic in this move since Windows Phone has a larger user base and isn't currently suffering from a press disaster and failed earnings reports. I've emailed and tweeted them about support of ultraviolet playback in the past with no real commitment being given to our platform. Please tell them you want support on our platform.

Flixster for BlackBerry 10 adds UltraViolet movie streaming
    07-03-2013 07:19 PM
    Could it be because it is based on the Android version of the app making it easy to give to BB10?
    07-03-2013 07:21 PM
    I doubt they implemented it just in the past three days, so I'm not sure what the BlackBerry earnings report would have to do with it.
    07-04-2013 01:28 AM
    Flixster just updated their blackberry 10 app to include ultraviolet streaming before they brought it to their windows phone app. I don't understand the logic in this move since Windows Phone has a larger user base and isn't currently suffering from a press disaster and failed earnings reports. I've emailed and tweeted them about support of ultraviolet playback in the past with no real commitment being given to our platform. Please tell them you want support on our platform.

Flixster for BlackBerry 10 adds UltraViolet movie streaming
    I've emailed them in past as well. This is what I was told by them:

Playback is not currently supported for Windows Phone. We hope to have this feature available to Windows Phone users in the future, but we're not able to give you a timeline for when this will be possible.

Thanks for your feedback.
    07-04-2013 01:37 AM
    I would also guess the reasoning behind this is the "easier to port due to Android"-kinda thing. Optionally they have worked on it much longer when BB still held the third spot.
    07-04-2013 01:50 AM
    Could it be because it is based on the Android version of the app making it easy to give to BB10?
    Their Flixster app is actually a native built app. No Android port.
    07-04-2013 02:46 AM
    Does anybody know why it would be a problem to get Flixster account movies to play on Windows Phone 8? Hulu Plus, Crackle, Netflix, and other video sites work just fine. What is it about Flixster movies that has stalled them from integrating that function into their app?
    07-05-2013 06:40 PM