Spotify-i think they have changed their subscriptions

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Since i got my lumia i have been using spotify free which had been fine but today i went to login and it wouldnt let me. So i went on the spotify website and noticed that their subscriptions now say spotify free is just for laptops/desktops.

I then went to log back in the spotify app and it said i need a premium subscription.

Im planning on using xbox music anyway but due to me changing my mobile number on my outlook account it will take 30 days to fully verify so i need to use spotify premium trial. :(

Has anyone else had this? Or have i just been lucky thus far to have been able to use spotify free?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you got lucky. Its always bugged me for money which is why I never used it before. Might even be a good service but I'll never know.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I just signed up for the free trial of premium and tested offline mode and it seems good. I love Spotify but its the app that's a bit glitchy, that's why im thinking of moving to xbox music once my account is verified.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Since my last post i have been using Spotify a good amount, and even though the app is lacking in some features it has been trouble free. The missing features are things i don't use anyway.

I think once i can verify outlook against xbox music (will be at end of Spotify trial) i will use that for a while and then decide. :)

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't paid yet :) from other peoples advice/reviews i will probably move away from Spotify when the trial is done.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If they bring Xbox Music to iOS, I'll definitely drop Spotify. I'm paying Apple $24.99 a year, spotify $9.99 a month and Microsoft $14.99 a month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb