I hate to say it but I don't think there are any WP8 developers out there that have a clue as to how to make weather radar app. Just look at the standard smart phone app, weather.com. It doesn't even animate.

Pick a handful of random weather apps on iOS or android. They are all better!

I read a while back on here a developer was working on a high end app. Supposedly it was going to be in the $20 range but haven't seen anything show up in the app store yet.
    07-05-2013 10:44 PM
    I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. Which device do you have? Which app on iOS looks really good, have you seen if there are any plans for a windows phone version?
    07-05-2013 10:47 PM
    I've had the Lumia 920 since it's release. I've seen several great iOS radar implementations. One of my favorites is Hi-Def Radar. But even the Weatherbug Elite app on iOS has a better weather radar implementation than anything that exists on WP8. I've seen some good apps on my son's S4 that also looked good but I'm not sure what he was using.

Most of the WP8 radar apps either aren't animated, like weather.com, or they don't scroll/zoom (static maps) or poorly scroll and zoom, have no sense of timing when they do animate (there should be a pause at the end of a loop). Probably my biggest complaint is the timing. They are often too fast and don't pause at the end of the loop.

I'd say Hi-Def Radar on iOS is an excellent example of how it should be done and there are many similar ones to that. Mess around with it and then try to find anything even close on the Windows platform.
    07-06-2013 07:29 PM
    Accuweather.com app has a decent radar setup that loops, scrolls and zooms. It isn't perfect but works well for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-2013 07:32 PM
    Myradar does the trick:

MyRadar Weather Radar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

There is a free and paid version of the app.
    07-06-2013 08:53 PM
    This is one area I agree WP8 is lacking apps. I use Radarscope on iOS and android. I chase storms so having quality radar apps is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2013 10:04 PM
    Myradar does the trick:

MyRadar Weather Radar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

There is a free and paid version of the app.
    It is one of the better ones on WP. Though it lacks detail when zoomed in.
    Last edited by michail71; 07-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    07-06-2013 10:15 PM
    I gave MyRadar another try. It's just about perfect! I don't know if I missed it the first time around or if it has since been updated but it has the HD option on it. I liked it so much I paid for the ad free version on my phone and Windows 8.

This was the one app area that was lacking for me and now that has been taken care of. :)
    03-02-2014 06:48 AM