PayPal Here coming to WP

Chris Harris1

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently wrote PayPal asking if they have plans for a PayPal Here App for Windows Phone (PayPal Here is their credit card swiper and is basically PayPal's answer to Square). Here was their answer on 7/7/13:

"We are currently working on that feature right now, no specific timeframe. Thank you for bringing up this concern. We are always open for any comments and suggestions."

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, hopefully sooner rather than later. Based on the multiple threads we get each week looking for a square alternative or credit card app, people have been waiting.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
That is good to hear. PayPal seems to want everyone to use their service and I feel it won't be long before we have a solid solution from PayPal.

queendean

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got a response back from Paypal this past week. Here is what they wrote me:

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.
At this time we have no plans to launch PayPal Here on the Windows Mobile Phone platform.

This really sucks since I was forced to upgrade to Windows Phone through my phone plan when my android phone took a crap on me.
Now what do we do?

OCSC

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
11/10/2014 - I just got off the phone with PayPal regarding development of a card reader program for the Windows based phones. I was told that PAYpal will not be developing a program for the Windows phones due to lack of quantity of said phones. I guess that means as I switch from my present iPhone to the Nokia 1520, I will be looking for an alternative credit card acceptance method. Square more or less told me the same thing, saying there was nothing in the makings at this time... :eek:rly:

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
PayPal Here is available for Windows 10 Mobile (if anyone is still interested), but only for USA. :(

People in Canada, UK, Germany, and pretty much the rest of the world cannot use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes