Here Drive+/My Commute

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Love My Commute! I love how it gives an alert on the live tile. I do have one question though. I was using it this morning and had to check a text. I popped back to it and for some reason, it wouldn't show my commuting route. I was ON the route AND in the time window I had specified. No matter what I did, I couldn't bring up the navigation. When it would click the live tile, it would take me to a screen with a list of commutes "mine was the only one listed" and the only thing I could do was to select it and update the start or end.

Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... did it again on my way home. It presented my commute just fine right before I left, but if I left the app during the commute and came back to it, it wouldn't continue my commute. Hmm...

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Not suppose to be "fiddling with your phone while driving", so maybe it is built that was to keep people from multitasking while driving. Just a thought...

jbradfor

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe I read that My Commute works only on wifi, not on cellular connection, to get the traffic information. So if you exit it while driving, assuming there's no wifi connection, it won't get traffic information when you start it again.

[I know, I know, truly stupid. "Let's make a traffic app THAT DOESN'T WORK WHILE DRIVING! Wouldn't that be brilliant!"]

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you leaving using the back button while in the app? If you do that, you can't go back to the commute. If you tap on the text toast notification or the Windows button to look at the text and then use the back button to go back to your commute in progress, you should be fine. I do this on a regular basis and have no problems.

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe I read that My Commute works only on wifi, not on cellular connection, to get the traffic information. So if you exit it while driving, assuming there's no wifi connection, it won't get traffic information when you start it again.

[I know, I know, truly stupid. "Let's make a traffic app THAT DOESN'T WORK WHILE DRIVING! Wouldn't that be brilliant!"]

I've been trying to figure out the issue with the app, this seems familiar, will test it for sure. However, on that note, what kind of retard creates an app like that???? So basically. Can see my commute in the morning before work, open it once and force myself to NOT ever close it or I'm screwed and the app becomes useless. Then, since I have no wifi at work.................. Uh...................

Good lord bring me Waze soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)