Podcatcher Recommendations (Podcast)

Douglas C_Hill

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am a diehard Android user, but love cellphones and have recently purchased a Nokia so I can test out the os. My first observations are that the apps available on the platform are seriously lacking the quality on IOS and Android. I am all in though and will make the best of what is available so I can learn WP. The biggest omission that I have seen is podcast apps and the fact that they are missing variable speed playback, which is a biggie for me. I searched the forums and find lots of posts asking the same question but as of now there have been no examples of podcatchers that support this feature. Since most of these posts were written 6-12 months ago and apps are frequently updated I figured I would ask again. Any one know of any?

Douglas C_Hill

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So here is the official word, I reached out to the developer of Podcast Lounge and requested that variable speed playback get added to the program and the response was as follows:

Unfortunately the API provided by Windows Phone doesn’t yet offer that functionality, although I’m sure Microsoft have got that planned for a future update. We’ll implement the feature as soon as the phone supports it.

MTorskyj

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My podcast app of choice is called "pod.ding". It's pretty simple compared to anything on Android but it gets the job done and has regular updates.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My podcast app of choice is called "pod.ding". It's pretty simple compared to anything on Android but it gets the job done and has regular updates.
Thank you for this recommendation. Loving pod.ding. Bought it instantly after trying a few podcasts I listen to.

Yeahha

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I am a podcast junkie...40+ hours a week at 2x speed...nothing on WP compares to my perferred app on Android...I still carry my old Android phone around and use it on WiFi to update my podcasts...The Audible app for WP doesn't support variable speed so I doubt there is any other app that does...if this ever becomes available I might be able to fully drop dragging around my Android phone and rely soley on my WP until then I have a nice podcast dedicated device that is WiFi only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre