AT&T Locker fail

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am having some issues with AT&T locker and I know many of you are as well. It stopped uploading my pictures mid upload and still wont upload this morning. I couldn't get AT&T Locker to accept my sign in to Twitter. I actually had to sign out back in again then close and relaunch AT&T Locker before it would accept my Twitter account. All these issues seam to be intermittent somewhat but are continuing. If you are like me you read George's article on AT&T Locker, Cloud Storage for Windows Phone 8 where he let us all know that we could upgrade from 5GB to 50GB for free for a limited time. I am one of many who did this expecting a nice fluid transition from Skydrive to AT&T locker. Lets face it 50GB of free cloud storage is just to good to pass up.

I am thinking that AT&T servers were not ready for the volume of users that would take advantage of this offer. It seams to me that they are having server issues at the least. I hope AT&T gets this fixed soon it is affecting my user experience with my new L1020.

Are you having issues with AT&T locker? What problems are you experiencing? Lets make a list of issues and possible solutions.

• Pictures wont upload
  • Cant sign in to social networks
  • Sign in issues when trying to share photos

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got bitlocker when the article about the 50 gig upgrade was published. It uploaded 7 photos from my phone and has been permanently suck on one upload ever since. I can't seem to get it unstuck or upload anything else.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it tries to upload as soon as you take a photo, if set to WiFi upload, and connected to WiFi.

I have had issues with it hanging on photos I deleted, before the upload was complete (15MB pics aren't quick to u/l). It lists them as failed, but seems to try to keep uploading them anyway. Stop all seems to get it working again, but only on new pics. Kept photos that were in the queue when stopped have to be manually pushed

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think some of the problems I mentioned above are the result of me thinking the app works in the background.

After some experimenting it appears that the app will not transfer in the background or automatically upload files. I can go in and select one file at a time and leave the app open.

However, I would not call this a "back up". It's just a simple file copy program. Too bad as 50 gigs of storage is nice.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it tries to upload as soon as you take a photo, if set to WiFi upload, and connected to WiFi.
I have had issues with it hanging on photos I deleted, before the upload was complete (15MB pics aren't quick to u/l). It lists them as failed, but seems to try to keep uploading them anyway. Stop all seems to get it working again, but only on new pics. Kept photos that were in the queue when stopped have to be manually pushed

Hmm, mine won't upload new photos. Perhaps it was my stuck queue.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I turned off auto upload via WIFI and manually uploaded a photo and it worked. I cropped a photo and tried to upload it that picture would not upload. This same photo was uploaded before it was cropped now when I try to upload the cropped version it said the upload was completed but the full version is the only one I see. Could it be that the 2 photos have the same name and it will not overwrite the old picture?

Are we saying that most of the issues are user error cause by the fact that AT&T locker wont run in the background. Its kind of useless to have automatic upload via WIFI if it wont run in the background.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
When I first got it, it barely uploaded anything, and when I came back to it I had to log back in every time. I deleted the app and reinstalled, now it stays logged in, but still won't upload much. Only 95 pictures up so far. It shows all my images queued in the upload monitor, and occasionally I check it and it starts going, but not much gets up. I tried the suggestion to leave wifi on while locked, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

I'm afraid if I clear the upload queue, there will be no way to requeue everything other than 1 at a time.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's user error. I think it's a bad design with Locker. Why turn off background uploading just because you had to stop the current queue?

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
When I first got it, it barely uploaded anything, and when I came back to it I had to log back in every time. I deleted the app and reinstalled, now it stays logged in, but still won't upload much. Only 95 pictures up so far. It shows all my images queued in the upload monitor, and occasionally I check it and it starts going, but not much gets up. I tried the suggestion to leave wifi on while locked, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

I'm afraid if I clear the upload queue, there will be no way to requeue everything other than 1 at a time.

You can manually push several images at a time. Just check the ones you want.

Remember, stopping the upload will turn off easy upload though.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
doesn't really matter, I'm not going to waste my time with a manual workaround for a crippling design flaw in the program.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, 50GB is pretty awesome, but I'm gonna have to just remove the app from my phone. I think I'm going to just cut and paste my pics from my phone to my computer, and upload them from there. The app wasn't very well thought out and I'd rather go through this minor annoyance than deal with the major flaws of the app. (sorry, rant over)

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
doesn't really matter, I'm not going to waste my time with a manual workaround for a crippling design flaw in the program.

I wasn't minimizing the issue, at all. It is not acceptable. That being said, a USB cable and a PC is your only other option for high res transfers right now. Flawed is annoying, but considering the options, work arounds are what you have.

You can try carrying a torch down to your local AT&T, but doubt that will fix the issue.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never been able to get it to upload. I am signed in and every upload fails, even if I do one at a time and leave it for quite a while. Just another crappy app that won't get a fix any time soon.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the problem with the app in such that it always seems to log me out. I have it on auto upload, but it never does when I am on wiFi all day taking pics because it seems to log me out after like 10 minutes, similar to a banking app or something for "security reasons" it claims. Eveny time I open the app, especially after an hour or so or more has elapsed, it makes me sign into again .

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for the 50GB, but I don't see myself using it. As others have indicated, the app is poorly designed and buggy at best, and it's easier to just sync up periodically for the full versions. I'm generally not sharing the full-res versions anyway, so auto-backup low-res and manual backup full-res as desired for storage (at which point, I'll remove the full-res from the phone and free up the space).

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The Android version of the app does seam to work better without issues. It seams AT&T has so learning to do when it comes to Windows Phone App development. Time will tell how much effort AT&T puts into getting this sorted out.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Still glitchy for me even after the update. Constantly logs me out for secuirity reasons. Causing my photos to not really auto upload because i have to sign in with the app every hour. BS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans