Instance Blocked?

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
If they are doing this, what does it mean? Are they just trying to get rid of third party uploads or does it mean something official is coming?

I think it's crazy to block a third party when they don't have an official app.

djdan

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I, too, can confirm this is happening. Just stupid... Always been "ok" with Instagram and FB..... But this little action really affecting my opinion. Stupid.

Errbodyelse

May 23, 2013
Visit site
About half of the photos on my account have been deleted.

Log out and look at your profile to see how many have disappeared... all seems normal when you're logged in, but when you're logged out they're all missing.

A big middle finger to you, Instagram.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm - Read that photo's posted from Instance were being deleted - just did a quick check mine still seem to be there.

They still seem to exist on the Instagram servers (web log-in shows them) but Instance can currently not upload. New pics uploaded atm do seem to vanish, and furthermore don't get as far as instagram's servers. They just vanish!
When the fix comes, im sure full access will be restored to our uploads...for the time being.
It's fishy that Daniel Gary notes (according to the Verge's latest update on the story) that IG seems to be indeed blocking the 'unnofficial' uploads from him but other third parties out there seem to work according to some! weirdness...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Its fishy that Daniel Gary notes (according to the Verge's latest update on the story) that IG seems to be indeed blocking the 'unnofficial' uploads from him but other third parties out there seem to work according to some! weirdness...
I can't quite remember the specifics, but Instagraph is said to upload in a completely legitimate way. Instance reverse engineered private APIs and that's not formally allowed, it was a case of how and whether Instagram would block the app.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't quite remember the specifics, but Instagraph is said to upload in a completely legitimate way. Instance reverse engineered private APIs and that's not formally allowed, it was a case of how and whether Instagram would block the app.

right oh. thanks for the explanation there. Poor Mr Gary..

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed #2InstaWithMassiveLove and uploaded a pic about an hour ago and it is still there so it looks as though Instagram is only screwing around with Instance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb