Battery app that shows what apps are actually draining your battery?

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of great battery apps (by "a lot" I mean a handful) that look great and give some great information and stats. Currently, I'm using Battery Performance and I like it. However, I'd like an app that shows me what apps are draining my battery. It's one thing to know that your battery is draining at x %/hr, but it's even more useful if I can see what app is draining my battery the most - so I can get rid of it! I know there are the usual culprits, but it'd be nice to pinpoint.

Anyone?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is no api available for developers than can provide such detail. Devs are working on what is available and Battery Performance is really good at making the best of what is available.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Crash is correct - there is no API for this. But a little trick that can help is to check Data Sense if you have it. I've used this to help narrow down high-power apps. It's not perfect, because it depends on them using data, but odds are good that power-using apps are using data.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Crash is correct - there is no API for this. But a little trick that can help is to check Data Sense if you have it. I've used this to help narrow down high-power apps. It's not perfect, because it depends on them using data, but odds are good that power-using apps are using data.

I have a L928 and my Data Sense only shows Usage and Overview. Nothing in there about the battery.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a L928 and my Data Sense only shows Usage and Overview. Nothing in there about the battery.

No, he is saying to see what app is using the most data, in turn an app that uses a lot of data will use a lot more power than a standard app....

So, if you have a app that runs in the background that uses a lot of data, it could be causing a battery related issue. Disable or remove it for a few days to see if that resolves the issue.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
No, he is saying to see what app is using the most data, in turn an app that uses a lot of data will use a lot more power than a standard app....

So, if you have a app that runs in the background that uses a lot of data, it could be causing a battery related issue. Disable or remove it for a few days to see if that resolves the issue.

Ah, gotcha. Clever.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
apps only get 15 seconds to perform their task. If they keep the radio channel open that whole time whether they are getting a lot of data or not it is still going to pull down the battery. Data usage is not a good indicator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb