I'm looking for a replacement music app (from the built-in one).
    I'd like to be able to better manage the "now playing" list, and ideally also create playlists.

I'd like to be able to "enqueue" a song to play after the current song. Then if I enqueue another song, it would play after that song.

With the built in app, I can't even see the "now playing" list. Also, when I play an individual song, it seems to add the whole album to the hidden "now playing". Makes it difficult to quickly build up a short playlist.

Are there any existing apps that can do this?
    08-01-2013 06:05 PM
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread or if it will be helpful or not. If nothing there works, hopefully someone else will be able to provide some advice.
    08-01-2013 11:14 PM
    The quickest way to create a playlist of your favoruite music.
    1) Go to the Collection section by tapping the Music+Video tile.
    2)Tap on music. You see a list of artists. Next, you slide the screen to left. This will take you to the album->songs. Here you get the whole list of songs in your sd card/phone.
    3) Play one of your favourite song by tapping on it.
    4) Go back to Collection->History. Here you see the song album art with name you just played. Tap on that album art . Now this will play the only song not the whole list of music available on the phone.
    tileUn fortunately there is no handy way provided by Microsoft for playlist management so far. Hope they can fix the issue in the next update soon. Else, I am gonna regret of buying a windows phone. Now you have a playlist with one song. Look at the right-bottom in the music player, you see a tool bar . Tap on it. Now you are ready to save your first playlist. Put a name of your choice. NOTE: This is the playlist with only one song.
    5)Now press the back button and go back to Collection->Playlist. And play your playlist with one song.
    6)Again come back to Collection then tap on music, slide the screen to go to songs.
    7) Now you may long press on a song and add it to the now playing list. Or you can select multiple songs.
    8)Again you press the back button and go back to Collection. Now tap on the music icon box with the song elapsed time. It will take you to the current playing list of songs.
    9) Now you can save the current list with a name. Note: This playlist will have the songs of the fist playlist you created and later what you have added.

Unfortunately, we must be very thankful to Microsoft and Nokia for making our life so difficult. Hope they can fix the issue in the next update soon. Else I am gonna regret of buying a windows phone.

Am not a typical blog writer. Please excuse in case of any mistake.
    08-05-2013 11:23 PM