NAVIGON vs Copilot -or better wp8 GPS app?

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
There is a difference between "Here Maps" app and "Here Drive Plus" app. There might even be a different "Here Drive" app for non-Nokia phones.

AFAIK, the only difference between the 2 is, HERE's turn-by-turn voice only works for a specific region (regional license). HERE+ works worldwide (global license)

I bought Window Phone specifically for the Nokia navigation software.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but I've been using Here Drive and the one thing that seems glaringly missing is a list of the turns and such. I've tried using Bing maps for that and Here for the voice nav but they don't always give me the same route. I also wonder about being able to select from alternate routes. Isn't that kind of basic functionality Here is missing?

Has anyone tried GPS Voice Navigation, currently free?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Navigon but have purchased CoPilot and I'm very happy with it. Here Maps was ok but I ran into issues where it seriously misdirected me.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
here drive+ gets my vote hands down. it is free and all the map updates you could ever want are free too. whereas i looked at navigon but navigon are just plain greedy. ?72.99 for europe and THEN to keep the maps updated you have splash more dosh to do the 'In-app packages' nonsense

FreshMaps: For a single fee, you’ll receive map updates every three months - with the latest map updates from the experts for a period of at least two years!

just seems an extortionate amount of money to spend. if navigon was half that price and included future map updates, then yes it would be worth the cost.

roamer5

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Using Here drive I find it doesn't provide info on which side of the street your destination is on...and CoPilot can't find my college that has been in my neighborhood for the past 67 years. Won't even provide a CLOSE address for it....
I'm trying Navigon///

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes